Anyone Have Experience With Canon Ip 3500 For Icing Images?

Decorating By chanielisalevy Updated 25 Nov 2009 , 3:31pm by chanielisalevy

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 10

I'm back to square one - bought a printer, 2 sets of inks and new print head and not a single good picture to show for it. Am trying a new printer entirely with the inks I bought to see if I can FINALLY get a decent printout. Anyone have a canon IP 3500 and are happy with it? unhappy? opinions and experiences please! I don't want to pump more $$$ into this endeavor (I've been at it for a year and still haven't used my icing images ON A SINGLE CAKE!) appreciate your thoughts!

9 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 10

HI LIsa
Give me a call personally so I can help you solve your problems?
Thanks
Debbie
888-442-4648

chanielisalevy Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 10

Debbie - you guys are the best...you've been a great help and trying to troubleshoot (consider this free advertising ! smile) but before I tried again with a new printer I wanted to know if anyone else had used that printer or if I should try a different one. Thanks for all you've tried to help me with so far!

Experiences, anyone?

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 10

I have that one and the problems are more so with the ink cartridges drying out than anything. I don't get alot of edible image orders so it seems like everytime I do get one I have to reorder ink cartridges. If you use it frequently you shouldn't have a problem but if your ei orders are few and far between you will have some issues of dryout and then need to clean the print head several times to unclog it. I have used nearly every brand of printer that is compatible with the edible ink cartridges and the result is always the same due to the downtime of the printer/cartridges between orders.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

I have that one and the problems are more so with the ink cartridges drying out than anything. I don't get alot of edible image orders so it seems like everytime I do get one I have to reorder ink cartridges. If you use it frequently you shouldn't have a problem but if your ei orders are few and far between you will have some issues of dryout and then need to clean the print head several times to unclog it. I have used nearly every brand of printer that is compatible with the edible ink cartridges and the result is always the same due to the downtime of the printer/cartridges between orders.

The best thing you can do is print on regular paper when not in use. Print at least once per week.

Lisa is trying to see if the 3500 is a good choice for her. She had the mp610 and since she purchased the printer on her own, so it is one of the printers we never used here, we are at a loss for her. I am thinking the color board in the printer is bad. But still working on the problem.

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 10

I have the IP 1500, (don't know if they still sell that one, it's older), but I love it. I have never had any problems with it at all, knock on wood. Good luck, I hope you get it figured out soon. I really don't use it very often, but it is always there ready to go, as long as I don't run out of ink. I just had to reorder.
Jeanne

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 10

I have the IP3500 printer for the last two year, I purchase the edible paper and the ink from KopyKake and I do not use it very often, and never had a problem. It works fine everytime, havent even change the ink since I got it from KopyKake.

Lomikesa

chanielisalevy Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 3:12pm
post #8 of 10

Just a note to everyone out there that the customer service at icing images is SUPERB! They have been terrific trying to help me out with a problem that isn't even their fault. So kudos to them! Thanks to all for your suggestions. ANyone use the canon MX 700? That is another one I am considering.

EdibleSupply-Com Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EdibleSupply-Com Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 5:05am
post #9 of 10

MX700 and IP3500 are using same type of cartridges. MX700 is built in with Scanner(All in One).

chanielisalevy Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 3:31pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks, that's the one I'm leaning towards now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%