My First Divorce Cake!

Decorating By StacyR Updated 23 Nov 2009 , 10:42pm by StacyR

StacyR Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:30am
post #1 of 11

What an unbelievable experience. The ex-bride was so emotional (understandably) and changed her mind on the design everyday. I cautioned her about going too cruel because she may not feel that way the day of her divorce party. It turned out to be a good experience for her and helped mark the beginning of a new life. I did receive some criticism from people who didn't think I should be celebrating divorce. I just said that I'm her baker, not her priest. Truth be told, throughout the back and forth on this order, I did feel like a counselor! lol Who said we just bake little cakes?!?!

Anyway. I just thought I would share. Thanks for listening!

10 replies
ladyellam Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 6:10am
post #2 of 11

I thought it was pretty cute cake for a sad situation. People will always have their opinions.

cylstrial Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 11

Wow. She came up with a doozy there. It is kind of a strange to me to have a divorce cake. I mean I totally get starting over, it's a new life...but why not have a cake that shows all the new possibilties, instead of the bad stuff?

This has nothing to do with your cake by the way. I'm just thinking about a way to put a nice spin on something like that.

lapazlady Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 11

Great spin on a sad time.

iwantcookies Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 11

cool cake! luv it!

StacyR Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 11

If you'll notice, he's in a prison jumpsuit. She waited 2 years for him to get out, he got out and was put back in within a week. That was her breaking point. I think she gets to be a little sarcastic. lol

Thanks for the comments! icon_smile.gif

ladyellam Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 11

Now I think it's even cuter! She should be happy she didn't marry this rat and have his rat children. Thank God I got away from a rat and married my prince.

SuggaRose Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 9:16pm
post #8 of 11

That's too funny! Love it!

kathy164 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 9:24pm
post #9 of 11

This is Excellent!! Love it, Love it, Love it!! LOL. Great job on those figures!! Keep it up!

Cristi-Tutty Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 10:40pm
post #10 of 11

I love it, it is so funny ...great job...

StacyR Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 10:42pm
post #11 of 11

I love you guys! Unfortunately, they were married before the 2 year term and there's a little one involved. It's more drama than Cakecentral needs. lol She's doing great now.

Oh, and those figures! I made them in pieces and couldn't get any of the arms to stick! So then I tried again with one solid piece and she looks like a linebacker. I definitely need to practice people when I don't have an order for them. It was maddening.

I couldn't have done any of this without the many geniuses on cakecentral!

Quote by @%username% on %date%