What Is That You Need To Hand Paint A Cake =]

Decorating By miasuzzette Updated 23 Nov 2009 , 10:17pm by MrsNancyB1

miasuzzette Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:44am
post #1 of 7

icon_smile.gif Hi, to all and also say this is the month to give Thanks, I want to Thank you all, for answering my Question and giving me Ideas.

icon_biggrin.gif Thank You

I would like to know, what is that you use to hand paint a Cake? icon_surprised.gif

To all a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving... thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
LaBellaFlor Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:54am
post #2 of 7

Gel food coloring and paint brushes on fondant. Depedning on the color depth you need & effect, you may mix it with vodka. I don't have a crusting buttercream, so I don't paint on buttercream.

prterrell Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:54am
post #3 of 7

food color mixed with vodka.

Loucinda Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:07am
post #4 of 7

I personally like to use airbrush colors to paint with. IF I want them lighter, use something with a HIGH alcohol content (I use everclear) it works out great.

If you just use gel colors, they will never completely dry.

LaBellaFlor Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:10am
post #5 of 7

The things I painted with gel colors dried, of course these were details, so maybe thats why they dried. I tried everclear and for some reason, it just wouldn't blend well with the gel colors. But to the OP I hope you find all this info. helpful.

miasuzzette Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:38am
post #6 of 7

thumbs_up.gif Thanks. I'm going to use Green and Red... Any idea? icon_rolleyes.gif

MrsNancyB1 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 10:17pm
post #7 of 7

I would use airbrush colors, so you don't need to worry about diluting anything. You just dip your brush straight into the airbrush color and use it to paint with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%