Why Dont These Fall Right Off The Board?

Decorating By lthiele Updated 23 Nov 2009 , 5:10am by lthiele

lthiele Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 2:59am
post #1 of 3

I am interested to know, those topsy turvy cakes that are on REALLY big angles, what is stopping the cake from slipping straight off the board.

I understand that there is a main central support but what is holding each layer of cake to it's own board? I'm having trouble figuring how the weight doesn't just rip the centre support right through the cake.

2 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:23am
post #2 of 3

Have you seen the caddy wampus stands on the cal java website? I can't post the link because it's one of the ones that CC eats when you post it icon_lol.gif but you can find it with google. Those look like you could do a big angle but they hold the boards secure. Maybe the ones that you're talking about were done with something similar.

lthiele Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 5:10am
post #3 of 3

Thanks Texas, that sounds like another language icon_lol.gif , I just had a look! This is the cake that caught my eye today, though I have seen lots that seem to be defying gravity and cake weight in every way. Leah_s always talks about centre rods ripping thru cake and I just can't see why that is not happening here! This is pure curiosity of course, I wouldn't even attempt one of these. icon_eek.gif Have pm'd brennan.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%