Any1 Watching American Music Awards?

Lounge By Deb_ Updated 7 Dec 2009 , 1:28am by Deb_

Deb_ Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 1:27am
post #1 of 13

OK now I know I'm starting to sound like my late parents here but......

Can some of you young folk explain to me why people need to grab their crotch and the crotches of others when they're singing? icon_confused.gif

Oh also....is it considered sexy and beautiful to dance spread eagle with a short short dress on that barely covers your rear end?

Ohhhhhhhhh boy.

The above was performed by Janet Jackson and some girl named Shakira (not sure of the spelling on that)

12 replies
cylstrial Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 1:53am
post #2 of 13

LOL! No, I'm not watching it. But your words left me with a not-so-pretty image. I actually laughed out loud. LOL.

Sorry! For some reason, it's the thing to do now a days. I'm not into it.

Deb_ Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:03am
post #3 of 13

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif maybe I shouldn't have used the "c" word huh... icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif sorry icon_lol.gif

misserica Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:07am
post #4 of 13

Haha Dkelly, I am watching!

I am not sure whats with the crotch grabbing, I guess they are checking to make sure their parts are still there! The barely there clothes are off the charts. I am young but I do not understand why girls my age and younger dress like little piglets. Its a shame really.

misserica Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:17am
post #5 of 13

Am I the only one who thinks they should give Michael Jackson his own category or award instead of putting him in the general pool of awards?

JanH Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:44am
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Can some of you young folk explain to me why people need to grab their crotch and the crotches of others when they're singing? icon_confused.gif

Was waiting for the young folks to respond.... icon_lol.gif

I'd say, yes, it's not unusual to see peeps check their package - just to make sure their junk is still intact.

I'm just glad Janet Jackson didn't have a wardrobe malfunction. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Oh also....is it considered sexy and beautiful to dance spread eagle with a short short dress on that barely covers your rear end?

The spread eagle is common even in commercials. Beyonce in a telephone commercial comes to mind - but that's a bit more tastefully done.

Shakira along with her dancers do have some incredible thighs. No jiggling (unlike Bo Derek running on the beach in 10).

Sex is used to sell everything in the U.S.... It's marketing. icon_sad.gif

JMHO

P.S. Did you catch Carrie Underwood's boy shorts outfit. Really odd and not especially flattering. And her dancers had feathery tails...

OMG, Lady GaGa is quite remarkable. Liked the music but the rest of the productions were over the top! Her outfit reminded me of a cross between a neon Alien and Milla Jovovich in 5th Element. Also had flashbacks of Madonna's underwear as outerwear phase...

Can't wait to see the rest of the show. icon_surprised.gif

Deb_ Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 12:39pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

P.S. Did you catch Carrie Underwood's boy shorts outfit. Really odd and not especially flattering. And her dancers had feathery tails...

OMG, Lady GaGa is quite remarkable. Liked the music but the rest of the productions were over the top! Her outfit reminded me of a cross between a neon Alien and Milla Jovovich in 5th Element. Also had flashbacks of Madonna's underwear as outerwear phase...Can't wait to see the rest of the show. icon_surprised.gif

Yes....as I was watching the show all I kept thinking was "this is like a flashback to the 80's as far as the outfits were concerned"

Oh boy, that's one era of clothing that should not be replicated. icon_rolleyes.gif

Misserica, I agree that they should have honored Michael Jackson instead of including him in with "live" artists.

Rylan Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 1:55pm
post #8 of 13

Deb, I didn't watch it but I'm guessing it's because their jeans are sagging/falling?

cylstrial Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 2:19pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif maybe I shouldn't have used the "c" word huh... icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif sorry icon_lol.gif

LOL! No - you don't need to worry about that. It was apparently the perfect description. It was just funny.

manahigh Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 3:05pm
post #10 of 13

I stopped watching the show during Alicia Keys second song, but of what I did see, I thought Kelly Clarkson rocked!!! Girl has some pipes!! and I like the fact that she can just deliver a song without trying to make it all about the sexiness. Wanted to stay up to see what Adam Lambert had planned but needed to get some sleep. Also love me some Keith Urban. Glad to see that Taylor Swift continues to win awards. Lady GaGa, I just don't get. Guess I'm just too old.

Pookie59 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 4:52pm
post #11 of 13

I'm happy to say I missed it.

I like music for music's sake. I'm not at all interested in the disgusting antics put on by some of today's performers.

adonisthegreek1 Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:09am
post #12 of 13

I'm responding to this late. I did not see the awards. They are too sleazy for my taste these days. I did want to see Adam Lambert's performance though. I caught it the next day everywhere and boy was I totally disappointed...tonguing a guy, pushing a guy's head into his crotch...absolutely disgusting. It has nothing to do with being homophobic. That would be disgusting for anyone. Adam has real talent and I anxiously awaited each week's performance on American Idol. Now I don't feel that I would support him at all. He's certainly no one I'd want my kids to see again.Forget the shock value, let's be all about the talent. Even Gene Simmons of Kiss said that Adam's sabatoging his own career before it really begins. He said who cares who you sleep with, people want to know you as an entertainer.

Deb_ Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:28am
post #13 of 13

I happily switched channels before his performance. I didn't like the entire feel of the show it was very provocative. I want to be entertained not disgusted.

I don't blame you for not allowing your kids to watch....I wouldn't either if mine were little.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%