Calling All Business Owners..we Need Your Help!

Business By Deb_ Updated 5 Dec 2009 , 2:57am by leah_s

Deb_ Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 10

Kara (costumeczar) is organizing the Secret Santa this year and she has more families in need then the number of volunteers to give gifts.

I'm posting here in the hopes that all of you fellow business owners may read this and be able to help.

Even if you can't adopt an entire family a donation of a gift card would be great.

Here's a link to the original thread over in the Lounge.

Thanks in advance for your generosity....I'm sure it will be returned to you tenfold.

Happy Holidays!

9 replies
FullHouse Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 10

Great cause, thanks for posting the link.

costumeczar Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 10

And at this point....I have only one family left who needs donations! It's a family with a larger number of kids, and a wide age range, so I thought that gift cards in smaller denominations, sent directly to the family (not to me) would be good. If you can send even a $10 gift card from Walmart or Target, it will add up.

Unless someone else sends info on their family in need, we're all covered at this point other than this one family, so I want to thank everyone who's donated, it's very much appreciated.

costumeczar Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 12:08pm
post #4 of 10

Here's a thnk you from one of the families that's being helped:

Thank you so much! You have no idea how much we appreciate everyone's generosity and how much it helps. We would not be able to have a Christmas without the kindness of the wonderful CC members who are helping us this year. Please pass our tremendous gratitude and heartfelt thanks on to them for me and my family.

costumeczar Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 11:35am
post #5 of 10

I just got two more fmailies who have asked for help, so if anyone would like to sponsor one directly, plese pm me!

costumeczar Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 1:55pm
post #6 of 10

The day after Black Friday...We've all done our shopping, and can now think about our budgets for Secret Santas!

If anyone can sponsor a family or contribute a gift card for a smaller amount, I'd greatly appreciate it. I now have 4 requests for help and nobody to match them with. If you were planning on doing a toys for tots program this year, this would be a good outlet for that!

costumeczar Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 3:44pm
post #7 of 10

I still have 3 families with no sponsors icon_sad.gif Two have three children, one has one. If anyone can help it would be great.

costumeczar Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 12:11pm
post #8 of 10

Hi, Everyone,

First, thanks to everyone who has donated and offered to help. I appreciate it, and I know that the families who have asked for help do, too.

Unfortunately, I have decided that I need to close the program to any more requests for help for this year, due to a lack of donors. At this point I have four families who have asked for help and I don't have anyone to match them with. Because of this, I decided to move the deadline for requests up, so I won't be accepting any more requests for help at this point.

If for some reason I suddenly get a lot of people who want to sponsor families, then I'll open it up for requests again, but seeing the response I've received so far I don't want to have anyone relying on that.

Thanks again to anyone who has already donated, and if anyone else would like to donate to one of the remaining families please let me know. I only had requests from 10 families this year, so it wasn't a huge number, and any donation, including small-denomination gift cards, are appreciated.

costumeczar Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 12:35am
post #9 of 10

This is my final request, so breathe easy...I only have ONE family who hasn't been helped at all, so if anyone is able to donate ANY AMOUNT I'd appreciate it.

leah_s Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 2:57am
post #10 of 10

I donated and it's a great thing to do, especially at this time of year and especially in this crappy economy. Comeon, biz owners, you can do it! It doesn't have to be a lot, but if a few people join together and will mean a lot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%