of a wedding cake. My bride wants to save her top tier. Should I also provide her with a box?
Instructions for freezing the cake:
1. Remove the decorations on top of the cake.
2. Remove the cake base that is attached to the separator plate, leaving cake on the foil wrapped cake board only.
3. Place cake in refrigerator for 2 hours to firm up fillings and icings.
4. Wrap the cake in plastic wrap several times. Try to keep the plastic as tight as possible and remove any air bubbles. Dont worry about using too much.
5. Use aluminum foil and wrap the cake two or three times covering all sides at least twice. This will further protect your first year anniversary cake from freezer burn or bad taste.
6. Place your cake inside your cake box and cover the box with plastic wrap.
7. Wrap the entire box with at least two layers of heavy duty aluminum foil.
8. If desired you can also place the cake in a storage container (instead of the cake box).
For your anniversary:
1. Place your cake in the refrigerator to defrost.
2. After about 2 hours, remove all the wrapping and continue to defrost your cake.
3. 1-2 hours before serving, take your cake out from the refrigerator and let it rest at room temperature.
Oh, and a cake should only be frozen once so this cake needs to be made fresh.