Cheesecake Balls

Decorating By shanasweets Updated 22 Nov 2009 , 7:08pm by FlourPots

shanasweets Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 15

has anyone used cheesecake to make truffles, like you would use cake for cake balls. Can I just bake cheesecake up chill, scoope out into balls, freeze a little and dip in chocolate. I thought I saw something about this but came up blank when I did search. thanks

14 replies
FlourPots Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 12:19am
post #2 of 15

I've never done it, but I have a recipe (to try someday) for Cheesecake Truffle Bombs, that's basically a cake ball using cheesecake instead.

2SchnauzerLady Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 12:40am
post #3 of 15

Sounds really yummy!

dsilvest Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 12:58am
post #4 of 15

FlourPots

Are you willing to share your recipe? I would love to try it.

mkolmar Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 1:07am
post #5 of 15

I make these a lot for work. I just scoop it out and form into a ball and place in the freezer. I then just dip in chocolate and place back on the parchment paper to set up. Sometimes I put them on a stick, other times I'll roll them in toasted coconut, nuts, mini chocolate chips...etc.
Just make sure that they stay nice and cold or they will start to thaw and then fall apart once you dip them. I usually work in smaller batches for this reason.
Very easy to make.

FlourPots Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 1:20am
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilvest

FlourPots

Are you willing to share your recipe? I would love to try it.

Absolutely...what I have is part of a page from one of those pamphlets that come in the mail, the ones showcasing a specific cookbook that you can order...they usually feature a free recipe or two.

Instead of typing it all out, I did a search and sure enough someone has posted the exact recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/Cheesecake-Truffle-Bombs-for-the-Holidays-334421

This is missing on the recipezaar posting (Step 5), after *Cut cake into 24 or 32 small squares*...it should say - OR scoop out portions of cheesecake using a mini ice-cream scooper.

motherofgrace Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 1:47am
post #7 of 15

i was actually just looking at doing that today, bakerella game me the idea, here the link to how she did it!

http://www.bakerella.com/cheesecake-pops/

dsilvest Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 1:59am
post #8 of 15

Thanks, I will make them for the holidays.

FlourPots Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 2:05am
post #9 of 15

You're welcome...I scanned it and I've been trying to re-size so I can post the darn pic that's at the top of the recipe:
LL

playingwithsugar Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 2:22am
post #10 of 15

I make them about 4 times a year. Nothing fancy, just a scoop of cheesecake on a stick, with chocolate on the outside.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

FlourPots Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 2:44am
post #11 of 15

There's another thread asking about dipping cake balls in caramel before chocolate.

Mmmm...I bet that would be so good with these cheesecake truffles.

playingwithsugar Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 2:51am
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

There's another thread asking about dipping cake balls in caramel before chocolate.

Mmmm...I bet that would be so good with these cheesecake truffles.

Take it farther - how about caramel apple cheesecake with milk chocolate on the outside - it would be like a gourmet apple!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cabecakes Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 3:03am
post #13 of 15

Man, you guys are making me hungry!

cylstrial Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 6:56pm
post #14 of 15

Those do sound yummy! Thanks for recipe Flourpots!

FlourPots Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 7:08pm
post #15 of 15

You're welcome icon_smile.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%