Epitome Of Tacky

Decorating By MnSnow Updated 22 Nov 2009 , 12:53pm by sherrycanary62

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:24pm
post #31 of 36

Now that I think of it I have seen donuts at an elaborate wedding, but they were quartered and served at a very fancy chocolate fountain bar with tons of fruit, pound cake, all kinds of good stuff. Three kinds of chocolate, hot caramel, dips. It was wonderful. I don't think they had a cake. It was a small family wedding at their parents house.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:29pm
post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

Now that I think of it I have seen donuts at an elaborate wedding, but they were quartered and served at a very fancy chocolate fountain bar with tons of fruit, pound cake, all kinds of good stuff. Three kinds of chocolate, hot caramel, dips. It was wonderful. I don't think they had a cake. It was a small family wedding at their parents house.

That sounds so yummy!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:51pm
post #33 of 36

A brunch wedding reception; a fall wedding reception where instead of cake-n-punch, they have doughnuts-n-cider. Or a super casual reception in Gramma's Back-40 with a pig roast .... there are lots of circumstances where doughnuts would be appropriate.

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 9:56pm
post #34 of 36

The answer to everyone's problem>>>>CAKE DOUGHNUTS! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
hehe...just ahd to throw that in there. LOVE LOVE LOVE indy's doughnut and cider idea..might hafta do taht for my own wedding. lol.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 12:32am
post #35 of 36

Personally, I can think of many things that I'd prefer to eat other than doughnuts that have been sitting out on a tray getting stale and dry. A doughnut that's fresh is one thing, but putting a bunch of doughnuts out on a tray and letting them sit there just lets them get hard and stale. Yuck.

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 12:53pm
post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Here ya go, all4cake! http://www.clevelandseniors.com/images/funny/redneckcake.jpg Eat up!!!

OMG...who put a pic of MY wedding cake on the internet? icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%