What Is The Best Tasting Fondant??

Decorating By Cakerer Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 5:02pm by LaBellaFlor

Cakerer Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all - I was a die hard MMF fan...until I needed to make a bow that would dry really hard. Since it wouldn't be eaten, I purchased some Wilton Fondant and OMG that stuff is so easy to work with and looks perfect! But, it tastes horrible!
I've seen posts raving about a lot of other fondants but I was hoping to find out more about the tastes of the other fondants. I'm going to bite the bullet and purchase some but not sure which would be the better brand. I want something that has a sweet taste and is smooth....
Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 replies
Cakerer Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 4

Also, if anyone knows....exactly how much does a 5 pd bucket cover - cake wise?

Laurascakefactory Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 4

I have tried Wilton, Satin Ice and Fondx, I personally like the taste of the Fondx best.

LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 4

This is a matter of opionion. You would have to try them all to see what YOU like & to see what YOU find easy to work with. And as far as how much cake a 5 lb. bucket will cover, that will vary as well, depending on what's the shape of the cake your covering and how thin you roll your fondant, so your able to work with it. And no fondant is going to dry rock hard, just firm. Try gumpaste for bows or adding tylose/gumtex to some fondant to harden it and make a bow with that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%