Sleeve Filling ?

Decorating By scionmom Updated 22 Nov 2009 , 3:20am by grams

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 5

hello fellow cc'rs, I just bought my first sleeve filling and am kinda leary of using it. I have heard and read that they are non-perishable, but the lady told me to mix it with cool whip??? I was thinking of just mixing it with BC... or do I just use the filling with a dam? Thanx everyone!

4 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 5

If you mix it with Cool Whip it becomes perishable, obviously. You can mix it in with your BC OR dam your cake with BC and fill with the sleeve filling to make it totally shelf stable.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 5

for 14 yrs.. i have made a dam... put in my sleeve filling.. that is all i do...it does not get runny.. or make cake layer soggy. it never has with me.. don,t know what happens when other people say . . their cake layer gets soggy.. hth anyone.. that i have watched use it.. do the same thing. my teacher taught me that way .... when i took cake decorating lessons..

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 2:52am
post #4 of 5

I just mix it with regular buttercream.

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 3:20am
post #5 of 5

I often put a very very thin coating of buttercream over the bottom layer then put a dam. Next, fill with the sleeve filling and then put the layer on top. The thin layer of buttercream under the filling prevents the sleeve filling from soaking into the layer.
I don't know if this is really necessary but it works for me. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%