Got The Shop!!

Decorating By Cathy26 Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 6:21pm by Cathy26

Cathy26 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 7

OMG, can't actually believe how this happened, we had been in for the perfect shop premises which fell through on tuesday when the Landlord got a much higher offer from a friend. so very sad and depressed.....

then my friend in work mentioned that a shop that was actually my dream shop - its literally in the city centre of Belfast on the street where i work right now a couple of doors down - had been divided in two so the rent might be cheaper now (it had been £75,000 before). so i emailed on the off chance on wednesday thinking the rent would still be like £50,000 but at least id know either way.

Thursday morning - i get an email from the estate agent saying that the Landord really wants us because of our use i.e. upmarket cupcake cafe/ cake shop as he owns the whole building which also has an extortionate jewelers, florist and beaty salon in it so he is willing to do a quick deal at £20,000 with 3 months rent free!! went to see it on thursday night and it is perfect, its fitted out, has hot food consent and fittings for an oven ,etc its over 3 floors (kinda an alice in wonderland feel) and then there is a tiny lift to send stuff down from the kitchen. so ok im in love and we put in our final offer and on Friday - MY BIRTHDAY we find out that we got it!!! now its subject obviously to the legal stuff getting sorted and banking references but its as final as it can be right now!

cant believe i got the place i initially wanted so bad but was so extortionately priced it wasnt even an option. its crazy! now i dont believe in god, fate or anything else - to me random stuff happens and you just get on with it but in this case our luck was definitly in!

The lease will be starting in january so i need to get my ass in gear and get employees, and the bookkeeping sorted out now icon_smile.gif

6 replies
cakeandpartygirl Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 7

Congratulations!!!

Josie_girl Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 7

Congratulations and belated Happy Birthday! I'm so happy for you! It sounds like it's in the perfect location! If I ever get a chance to go to Ireland (my dream vacation), I will look for your shop. Good luck and happy planning!

G_Cakes Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 7

Congratulations and I believe that everything happens for a reasonicon_smile.gif Dont forget to post pictures once your open icon_smile.gif

and Happy Birthday to you!

-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 7

Multiplied Congratulations, CakeBuddy!

All of it is awesome but the little lift sounds so cool!!!

Geez don't get nothin' stuck in there!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

laidbackluvvie Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:09pm
post #6 of 7

well done and good luck it sounds as if it was meant to be post the name of your shop and next time we visit belfast we will call in for tea and cakes lbl

Cathy26 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 6:21pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone - hoping to be open mid January - was going to call it "The Little Cupcake Cafe" with cakes by Cathy's Cakes (which is my cake business I have now) but im open to suggestions! It;s going to have a few tables but be mostly takeaway business with a proper expresso machine, and loads of bagged homemade sweets, cookies, traybakes and of course lots of cupcakes and then have a lot of dummy cakes in the window to advertise that side of the business.

I'ill definitly post a multitude of pics when I get up and running!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%