Luster Dust & Fondant Question

Decorating By firewifer Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 10:09pm by BeeBoos-8599_

firewifer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
firewifer Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 6:15am
post #1 of 2

Thanks...

BTW..maybe you can help.. I'm doing a wedding cake. 3 tier stacked. BC RF- the lightest plum base fondant you ever saw, plum, fern green, and a bright bold orange sunflower in the front with plum sash around the base of all 3 tiers...can't wait to showicon_smile.gif...

I'm using luster (not petal) dust on circle patterns of 2 shades of plum and green shades on stripes for other tier with fondant cut outs that are going on each tier that has the base fondant over BC. Wondering what's easier.. Should I luster the cut outs first, lay them on right away OR Luster them after they are on the cake? I don't have a duster vacuum new gadget yet. I never dry my fondant before I put it on fondant b/c it sticks better if it's not heavy.

TIP: I put luster dust on the actual silk flower with spanish moss dust and it's helping bring the colors together...I never thought to do that before. luster dust works well on fake flowers..love those trial and error light bulb moments! lol
Thanks for your help. Kari

1 reply
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 2

I would put the luster on prior to adding them to the cake. It can so easily get on the rest of the fondant and then you cant get it off. Us care with your fingers as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%