Letting A Cake Settle With Fresh Fruit Filling??

Decorating By Normita Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 12:15pm by playingwithsugar

Normita Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:56am
post #1 of 7

Hey there....I always let my cake settle overnight with the filling and covered in saran wrap. However, I have not done this with mouse and fresh fruit filling. Can I do this with fresh fruit...or does the cake have to be refigerated the whole time?? Any suggestions please icon_sad.gif

6 replies
miny Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:07am
post #2 of 7

Yes, it has to be refridgerated, you need to be careful when handling perishable fillings, plus if it's fresh fruit it'll get soggy

Normita Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 7:11am
post #3 of 7

Anybody else???

gladysrdz24 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 7:30am
post #4 of 7

i would TOTALLY let it settle. i had a cake slide completely because i didnt let it settle. but you do have to have it in the fridge thats the bad part, because of the fruit. but it wont get sorry... i think itll taste better. cake seems to taste better after a couple of days. well at least i think so. lol. hth

splymale Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 11:54am
post #5 of 7

I just read on another forum on this site, if it is fresh, it is ok, if it is cooked, it is not. (This person had just learned this in a food safety class)

splymale Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 11:55am
post #6 of 7

Sorry, I mean fresh is ok to leave out, cooked fruit has to be refrigerated.

playingwithsugar Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:15pm
post #7 of 7

I press down on my cakes with a cookie sheet, then allow them to settle for at least 30 minutes before refrigeration.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%