Letting A Cake Settle With Fresh Fruit Filling??

Decorating By Normita Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 12:15pm by playingwithsugar

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:56am
post #1 of 7

Hey there....I always let my cake settle overnight with the filling and covered in saran wrap. However, I have not done this with mouse and fresh fruit filling. Can I do this with fresh fruit...or does the cake have to be refigerated the whole time?? Any suggestions please icon_sad.gif

6 replies
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:07am
post #2 of 7

Yes, it has to be refridgerated, you need to be careful when handling perishable fillings, plus if it's fresh fruit it'll get soggy

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 7:11am
post #3 of 7

Anybody else???

gladysrdz24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gladysrdz24 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 7:30am
post #4 of 7

i would TOTALLY let it settle. i had a cake slide completely because i didnt let it settle. but you do have to have it in the fridge thats the bad part, because of the fruit. but it wont get sorry... i think itll taste better. cake seems to taste better after a couple of days. well at least i think so. lol. hth

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 11:54am
post #5 of 7

I just read on another forum on this site, if it is fresh, it is ok, if it is cooked, it is not. (This person had just learned this in a food safety class)

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 11:55am
post #6 of 7

Sorry, I mean fresh is ok to leave out, cooked fruit has to be refrigerated.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:15pm
post #7 of 7

I press down on my cakes with a cookie sheet, then allow them to settle for at least 30 minutes before refrigeration.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%