What Is The Best Hand Mixer

Decorating By FH_Cakes Updated 2 Dec 2011 , 7:09pm by MimiFix

FH_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FH_Cakes Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:43am
post #1 of 10

Okay...Okay...You are all going to think I am crazy...I do not like my Kitchenaid Stand mixer. It never mixes all the batters and I can only do 1 at a time. I am so done with it. I prefer a hand mixer, I always have, I always will. My KA hand mixer burned out a few months ago (they replaced for free) but I really need to get a top of the line, commercial quality hand mixer. What is the best?

9 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 3:10am
post #2 of 10

I have the KA 9 speed hand mixer and it does a great job, i also have the Cuisinart 9 speed hand mixer too and its doing great as well, both used very regularly in class and at home to mix my cake batter and small batches of buttercream, and the occasional cookie or brownies by my kids. you can get the KA 9 speed in red or pink for $49, thats a great buy from shopkitchen aid .com

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 6:25am
post #3 of 10

I prefer the KA 9 speed also because Most clients have several different flavors of cake, so I make small batches anyway.

I have used a black and decker brand before (can't remember the model as it was fairly old) but it was super powerful as well.

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 9:35am
post #4 of 10

I was recently in the market for a new hand mixer and wanted a KA. I looked at the reviews on Amazon and noticed that just recently there were lots of problems with them. They just woke up dead one day - lots of folks said. So I bought the Cuisinart 7 speed instead. I really like it.

I subscribe to Cooks Illustrated Online and just checked their reviews. They just this month reviewed hand mixers. The Cuisinart 7 speed was their top choice, $50. The KA 9 speed was second, $80.

Consumer Reports rated the KA highest, but did not include the Cuisinart in the samples. icon_confused.gif

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 1:05pm
post #5 of 10

Don't bother with the Black & Decker or the Hamilton Beech - got these at different times as a "rush purchase" when I needed something and they did not last at all! My KA hand mixer lasted the longest by far...

AlexVadzum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlexVadzum Posted 28 Nov 2011 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 10

I can recommend to check out Cuisinart HM-70. The device is equipped with a powerful 220 watt engine, which has 7 speed levels and a function of automatic feedback.
I use it for 2 years already - really satisfied.
The price for this hand mixer is quite acceptable - about 40-50 bucks on Amazon.
Here the source for review below.

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 1:52am
post #7 of 10

i would like your in put for the following product, please?
http://www.cuisinart.com/products/stand_mixers.html

where can I find reviews for this product?

One of my KA handmixer's beater broke, so I assume that, that was it for it and just threw the broken piece, I did not remember that KA would replace it! So at this moment I have nothing to send and show that it broke. They are just going to think that I misplace it icon_cry.gif but it really broke.
I like this one because it can be both, a hand held and has a stand too.
Thanking you in advance for any reply. icon_smile.gif
CIAO

PS. I already have a KA 6QT stand mixer I love it!

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 3:47pm
post #8 of 10

I saw America's Test Kitchen and they also gave KA the best rating for hand mixers. I LOVE my KA stand mixer...I have it running for 20 minutes at a time when making IMBC and it never lets me downicon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 4:23pm
post #9 of 10

I love my K-5 Stand mixer, but for a hand mixer I have Suzanne Somers hand mixer which I use all the time (and LOVE.) icon_biggrin.gif It's not designed for the rigors of cakes though, so keep that in mind.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 2 Dec 2011 , 7:09pm
post #10 of 10

I like to use my hand mixer when I'm too lazy to haul out the 7 qt mixer. My KA burned out after six months so I bought a cheapie ($5 on sale at the supermarket). That one last two years and when it burned out I replaced it with another cheapie (with inflation, $7.) That was two years ago... Uh oh, I must be due for another burn out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%