Help Me Please! Preg Belly Cake

Decorating By Lenette Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 4:19am by Lenette

Lenette Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 3:57am
post #1 of 5

I tried baking the cake in stainless steel bowl and it didn't cook all the way through. Now I tried to carve it out of 3 layers and it looks crazy!

I don't know how to fix this and it is due in the morning! Any ideas?

I can re-bake in the bowl but I don't have a heat core so how do I get it to bake through?

4 replies
jmr531 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:00am
post #2 of 5

I don't have a heat core either...I use an upside down flower nail in the center of my cake. However, I've never used it in a bowl so I'm not sure if it will work.

CakeRN Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:05am
post #3 of 5

you can try to cook it at a lower temp for longer time. Also try to use the flower nail in the bowl.

nicksmom Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:08am
post #4 of 5

use a flower nail upside down or if you have like a can of soup or veggiies etc...empty the contents,peel the label and wash it, then use the can with BOTH ends cut out,as a core. I have done both of these and it works every time.I have a pregnant belly cake(purple dress one) in my photos, that I baked in a metal mixing bowl. good luck>

Lenette Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:19am
post #5 of 5

Thanks everybody so much for responding (and so quickly too!)!

I got the bottom carved into an acceptable shape. I am such a bone head though! It finally occurred to me that I can mold some fondant on top to make it more round if needed. DOH!!!

I feel like such a donkey brain but not as panicked now. Thanks for the tips on baking in a bowl, I will definitely do that next time! icon_smile.gif

ETA: I have plenty of material for trying out those cake balls now icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%