I Made The Wrong Size Cake!!!

Decorating By tarheelgirl Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 1:23pm by cownsj

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:06am
post #1 of 9

I had a lady call me.. her sister had gotten a 8/6 baby shower cake a couple weeks prior. She wanted the same exact cake but wanted the one that feeds around 40-45 which would be a 10/8. I am packaging the cake in the box tonight and look at it and the total price I had wrote down looked wrong. Well, it turns out I made an 8/6 instead! So she is going to be short. I am baking the difference in cupcakes. I will charge her for just the cake that she is receiving and no charge for any of the cupcakes. Do you guys think this is sufficient? icon_cry.gif

8 replies
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:13am
post #2 of 9

Should be fine. Explain your error and tell her the cupcakes are free. Besides, the whole set up may look cute with mini cakes ringing around the big one! It is a baby shower, after all.

tarheelgirl Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:19am
post #3 of 9

I have actually had customers order cupcakes and a cake just to display them this exact way. Hopefully she will like that idea too! =)

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:27am
post #4 of 9

I rencently had someone order a baby shower cake for 40, then she had the baby early and they thought less people would be at the shower so they changed the order for 24. Last minute, after the cake was well under way, the number went back up. I made cupcake, decorated them similar to the cake, and that is what everyone talked about most, the cupcakes. In fact I got another baby shower cake because of them.....

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:41am
post #5 of 9

Sounds like everyone's of the same mind. It's all in how you present it to her.

From lemons, you make lemonade! thumbs_up.gif

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:55am
post #6 of 9

I think that is a perfect way to handle that.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 3:23am
post #7 of 9

Just make them look super cute, it'll be ok

tarheelgirl Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 3:43am
post #8 of 9

Just finished a dozen cupcakes. They match the cake perfectly! NOW, its time to kick up my feet and relax after one heck of a week!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:23pm
post #9 of 9

Good Going, enjoy the rest!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%