Where Is A Good Site To Find Images?

Decorating By Faffy Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 4:40am by Faffy

Faffy Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:35am
post #1 of 8

Hi, I am new to cake decorating and would like to do a FBCT of a transformer character for my son's birthday cake but am having a hard time finding an image big enough to print. Can anyone help me? Also what is a filling dam and how do you do it

7 replies
zdebssweetsj Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:51am
post #2 of 8

I've never done a FBCT I'd love to try it too. Hope we get some good ideas.

bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:56am
post #3 of 8

I'd try google images. I usually find anything I'm looking for there.

In answer to your other question, a filling dam is a ring of stiffened buttercream piped around where you will put the filling. It's designed to keep the filling from bulging out. You can pipe with a coupler with no tip or use a #12 tip. Never add the filling to the height of the dam, it must be lower or you risk sliding tiers.

Hope that helps some! icon_biggrin.gif

icingimages Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:06am
post #4 of 8

When you are on google images, you can select different sizes of images for it to look up. Large or Extra Large are the best. Medium sizes are sometimes too small.
Good Luck

andpotts Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:10am
post #5 of 8
paulagauthreaux Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:13am
post #6 of 8

I use a site clipart.com, just type in the seach area what you are looking for. Hope this helps.

crisseyann Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:25am
post #7 of 8

I have also used coloring pages (on the net or purchased) for FBCT ideas. Or just google the image I need. HTH. icon_smile.gif

Faffy Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:40am
post #8 of 8

Thank you everybody for the great tips!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%