Divorce Cake

Decorating By norma20 Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 8:14pm by Motta

norma20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
8 replies
khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 3:51am
post #2 of 9

Sort of sad in a way, even though the cakes are funny.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:14am
post #3 of 9

I've seen them done state side. To me it reflects a very poor attitude on how we view marriage & how seriously we take them as well as divorce. With that said, you gotta admit they are hilarious!

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:38am
post #4 of 9

I think it's a strange thing to celebrate and I've seen lots of these cakes that I don't like, but this one was clever and made me smile.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:55am
post #5 of 9

Agree with Andpots, this is a cute and funny cake, the other are very violent, a sad thing to celebrate, don't you think?

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 5:59am
post #6 of 9

ha ha ha love it

jamalyn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamalyn1 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 6:07am
post #7 of 9

it can be a sad thing to celebrate, but in my case I got out of a really, really bad marriage and had to struggle with my beliefs of marriage lasting forever, that when the divorce was finally over I needed something comical to help me through. Maybe it's not celebrating the end of the marriage, but a fresh new start without the pain of the past.... kick it to the curb! I don't care too much for the stabbing and shooting ones, but have seen some really funny ones that I liked a lot. There was one where the bride was "taking out the trash" and dragging the groom to a trash pile, that was funny icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:29pm
post #8 of 9

Yeah the gun one and the stabbing one are kind of freaky. The other ones are funny. I can see how they might need a little comic relief, but you're right. It's sad.

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 8:14pm
post #9 of 9

Yeah, I think some can be cute but the "murder" ones are just too violent for me. Oddly enough, I have two orders for divorce cakes. They are both just waiting for the divorces to be final then they'll celebrate!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%