Marshmallow Santa?

Decorating By kirigami Updated 17 Dec 2009 , 2:14pm by kirigami

kirigami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kirigami Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 14

I have been making marshmallow snowmen and I love them. They are so cute! icon_razz.gif

Has anyone made Santa's from marshmallows on a stick? Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this. I would love to give it a try.

Thanks

13 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 14

no, and i tried for like 2 months to figure out how to do something for fall (not jackolanterns though) like a scarecrow or something and just never figured it out in my head so I never tried anything.

I would love to try to think of a whole slew of things you could do, the snowmen are so adorable, here are some I made last year.

How much do you charge for yours by the way? I'm currently charging $1.00/ea. but have yet to "sell" any....everyone LOVES them when I bring them and they're always the first things to go but it seems like nobody wants to acutally "pay" for them!!!
LL

KHalstead Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 14

http://www.funchristmas.co.uk/clipart/santa1.gif

I wonder if you could do a simple "Santa" looking figure like this. Dip the 2 bottom marshmallows in red, then over dip the very bottom of the bottom one in black for boots, pipe a belt on the center, then dip the top one in flesh color and over dip the two ends (top and bottom) of it in white for hair and beard and put on a face once it's set.
How would you do that hat though??
Seems like an aweful lot of work! lol

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 14

Cute little snowmen!

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 14

if you could make a cross, you could have arms sticking out. i dont know if you could sticking through the body marshmallow or if it would rip. but an armless santa is still santa, i think!

you could just snip a big marshmallow to a slightly hat shape? or make your own, maybe easier to shape? infact, make your own sheets of marshmallow (i think thats how its done?) then take your santa cutter, and tada!
xx

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 10:25pm
post #6 of 14

A pretzel stick thru one will make arms.
If you don't want to push it all the way thru then break it in 1/2 & attach w/a dot of chocolate.

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 10:35pm
post #7 of 14

So glad someone posted this....My daughters birthday is in January (she is turning 1) and we are having a "Winter ONEderland" party. I am planning on making these snowmen. KH what did you use for a hat and nose....So cute!

KHalstead Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 3:48pm
post #8 of 14

the hat was just half of a big marshmallow dipped in chocolate and then set on wax paper and allowed to kind of puddle on the wax paper (for the brim) and the nose was just orange gumdrops that I cut into triangles shaped a tad and then redipped in sugar so they weren't sticky (I left the side that stuck to the snowman cut and free of sugar because they're super sticky and I didn't have to use anything else to adhere them)

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 1:41am
post #9 of 14

Thanks KHalstead...I can't wait to make these!

kirigami Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 2:45pm
post #10 of 14

Thanks for the ideas. I think I might just have to spend a Saturday experimenting. If I come up with anything usable I will post it. Red gumdrop for a hat??

KHalstead: I charge $2.00cn each for these. I brought about 12 into work as samples for people with young kids and I got 2 orders for 25 each so I was happy with that. I was my first attempt and they look similar to yours.
I used orange fondant that I had on hand for the noses.

kirigami Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 5:53pm
post #11 of 14

Well, I did it. It was a lot of work but....eventually I was happy with how the santas came out. This is my first time posting a pic and I have had to compress it a lot, so I hope it comes out.
LL

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 9:06pm
post #12 of 14

Grrrreat job! Those santas look wonderful...now you have to share how you made the hat and other stuff.lol icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 16 Dec 2009 , 9:13pm
post #13 of 14

they look AWESOME, are thos gumdrops for the hats??????? soooooo cool!!!!! Yaaaaaayyyy you did it!!!

kirigami Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 2:14pm
post #14 of 14

Yep, red gum drops for hats. Fondant belt and buckle. I tried to do the hat 'fur' with royal icing but it was setting smooth and I didn't like the look so I made it out of fondant so I could add some texture. The beard is royal but the moustache is fondant. They were great fun to make. I took these in to work and they generated quite a few orders. So I have a busy weekend ahead of me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%