What Pan To Use For A Turkey Cake

Decorating By suchamo Updated 22 Nov 2009 , 1:04am by Doug

suchamo Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know what pan would be best to use to create a cake that looks like it is a baked Turkey? I have seen pictures of them but not sure which type of pan to use to get the effect of the breast. I know to use rice krispie treats for the legs and cut up cake for the stuffing but not the pan to use to create the bird.
Any help would be great!!!

5 replies
TexasSugar Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 6

I used ovals. Some will use an egg shape pan. You can also use a football shaped, ball shaped or start with a sheet cake and carve.

ailika Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 6

I used a 9x12, large egg pan & small egg pan for my turkey cake

CenterpieceSweets Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 12:09am
post #4 of 6

at my work we use a 7inch round layer and cut it in half and then ice it together to make a mound shape. here is a pic

CenterpieceSweets Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 12:11am
post #5 of 6


Doug Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 1:04am
post #6 of 6

see this thread for full instructions, discussion and lots of tips and variations!


Quote by @%username% on %date%