Can You Coat Cake Balls With Caramel?

Decorating By metria Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 7:04am by miny

metria Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 6

I just bought some KRAFT Caramel Bits ... I've never made anything with melted caramel before. Can I coat cake balls with it? Or will it not set right or will it look icky ... I'm quite sure it'd taste awesome though ...

5 replies
KHalstead Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 6

I''ll bet you could coat them in caramel and then in chocolate and they wouldn't look any different...............oh I bet they'd be delicious!!

Rylan Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:27am
post #3 of 6

Khalstead has some great suggestions and I'm sure they would taste divine.

chilz822 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 6:13am
post #4 of 6

I made 'turtle cake balls using those bits.
I made chocolate cake balls and coated them in milk chocolate. After they were set, I dipped the tops in the melted caramel (quickly so it doesn't re-melt the chocolate), then dipped the warm caramel in chopped pecans. omg they were delicious... there's something about pecans and caramel that just makes me happy!

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 6:37am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

I made chocolate cake balls and coated them in milk chocolate. After they were set, I dipped the tops in the melted caramel (quickly so it doesn't re-melt the chocolate), then dipped the warm caramel in chopped pecans. omg they were delicious... there's something about pecans and caramel that just makes me happy!

Man, now my mouth is watering!!! icon_wink.gif

miny Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 7:04am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

That sounds delicious!!! icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%