Is This A Scam?

Business By cai0311 Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 2:53pm by cylstrial

cai0311 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 7

I received an email from a Grant Langston with the subject : A NEW PROJECT WEDDING OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUR BUSINESS

The email then read:

Hi,

Project Wedding is giving select vendors a unique promotional opportunity. Its completely free and will give you a rare ability to share your voice and vision with customers in your market.

Project Wedding is the third largest wedding network in the country. We have over 500,000 visitors a month from all over the US brides looking for guidance on which wedding vendors to use.

For a limited time were creating localized articles - articles that are designed to be the definitive word on your category in your city. For example,

Wedding Photography in Chicago Unique Trends and Style

Wedding Flowers in Miami A Local Guide

New York Wedding Venues Top 10 Places for Your Big Day

To make these articles as accurate and helpful as possible were looking for local vendors to be the author of each article. You can be that local resource, become the definitive word on your category, AND give your business free promotion and traffic. Dont worry - you dont have to actually write the article. Heres how it works:

· We send you a one-page form. All we need is your suggestions, no real writing required.

· If youre feeling artistic and would like to write a real article, well happily accept that as well. 700 word max.

· Depending on your subject we may request some photos that go with your suggestions.

· We create the article, list you as the source, mention your business in the article copy, link back to your business website, and promote the article on our site.

· Your article will increase the chances that brides searching for local services on Google will see your business

We have no plans to ever take these articles down, and this is an easy way to be cited in Google as one of the foundational sources for your town.

Since these slots are first come first serve, please reply to this email now. Let us know that youre willing to take advantage of this unique opportunity and well set the process in motion.

6 replies
cylstrial Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 7

It seems to me like it might be legitimate. They didn't ask for any money. Scammers always want you to cash checks and wire the money back to them.

You might try googling his name or his company and getting more information.

MnSnow Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 7

I would do some research on this company. If they're as big as they claim, there will be something on the net about them. If there is nothing out there in internet land, then I would pass on it

cattycornercakes Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 7

I did a google search and came across this link:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/grant-langston/3/82a/844

manderson19 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:50pm
post #5 of 7

I found www dot projectwedding dot com so it is a real site and pretty well done too!

2SchnauzerLady Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:51pm
post #6 of 7

I've seen the Project Wedding site on the net - tons of cake pics!

cylstrial Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:53pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattycornercakes

I did a google search and came across this link:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/grant-langston/3/82a/844

That seems legit. But of course, you have to decide!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%