Looking For Two Recipe Suggestions

Baking By emrldsky Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 8:40pm by elizabeth-jane

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 5

I've never made White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies, but I'm part of a secret Santa exchange and would like to make some for my recipient. However, I don't even know what would make a good recipe!

Any suggested recipes for me to try?

Also, I'm very picky about my chocolate chip cookies, and have not been able to make a great scratch cookie.

Any recipe suggestions for that? I like mine chewy and soft. icon_smile.gif

TIA!

4 replies
elizabeth-jane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizabeth-jane Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 3:10pm
post #2 of 5

My go-to Chocolate Chip Cookie is basically the Nestle TollHouse Recipe, but instead of 1 cup of butter I use 1 cup of oil. It gives the cookie a nice chewy texture and a little flavor that I can't detect in any other chocolate chip cookie.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 5

I use the Toll House recipe, too. All you have to do is sub the white chips for the chocolate and add the macadamias - YUM! Elizabeth-jane - does the oil give it more of a taste like the cookie stores in the malls? I've always used butter.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks! I've tried the standard Tollhouse recipe but it always comes out crunchy. Cookies are not the easiest things for me to bake, but those always give me fits.

Then again, I still can't replicate my grandma's cookies either. lol

elizabeth-jane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizabeth-jane Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 5

TNT - I'm not sure, I haven't had a mall cookie in forever, I always make my own, haha. Every time I eat them I think of it as a little hint of a nutty flavor...? I'm sorry, it's hard to describe, I always just describe it as YUMMY! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%