So Excited! Edible Print Ideas Please

Decorating By cakelovincrazy Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 2:47pm by icingimages

cakelovincrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelovincrazy Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 1:54am
post #1 of 5

DH just surprised me with a Cannon MX700 printer for edible prints! I can't wait to try it out. I still have to order the cartriges and paper, but in the mean time I would love to hear some of your creative ways to use EI.

4 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 11:47am
post #2 of 5

Congratulations on your surprise! Here are a few ideas from my peanut gallery! Besides being able to print out allmost anything that you have on your computer screen...if you can design it on your computer, you can print it... you can also wrap a cake on it. Put it on SugarVeil or Fondant (Fondariic works best for this) and it 3d and it can be bent and stay that way. You can put it on the SugarVeil and make a bow with it, drape it, roll it. You can decorate the sides of a cake with pictures or with animal prints, or with patterns. You can use printable chocolate trasnfer sheets and put it directly on chocolate. Want to make money? Go to local bakers who do not have a system, and sell images to them! Go to real estate agents...they love this, and print their business cards, put it on a cookie with their actual business card underneath and put it under the cookie. What a lasting impression at a open house! Offer the service at your local schools. These are a few of my ideas...hope it helps.

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 12:11pm
post #3 of 5

I have two canon edible image printers. I bought them both at a bakery auction for 15.00 each! I love them both...lol. They do the same thing but who could pass them up for that price. I love the ideas listed. It gives me a great idea for a cake!

cakelovincrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelovincrazy Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 4:50am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Congratulations on your surprise! Here are a few ideas from my peanut gallery! Besides being able to print out allmost anything that you have on your computer screen...if you can design it on your computer, you can print it... you can also wrap a cake on it. Put it on SugarVeil or Fondant (Fondariic works best for this) and it 3d and it can be bent and stay that way. You can put it on the SugarVeil and make a bow with it, drape it, roll it. You can decorate the sides of a cake with pictures or with animal prints, or with patterns. You can use printable chocolate trasnfer sheets and put it directly on chocolate. Want to make money? Go to local bakers who do not have a system, and sell images to them! Go to real estate agents...they love this, and print their business cards, put it on a cookie with their actual business card underneath and put it under the cookie. What a lasting impression at a open house! Offer the service at your local schools. These are a few of my ideas...hope it helps.

Thanks for all the ideas Debbie! I can't wait to get started. I'll be calling your company soon to order the cartriges and some icing paper, but first I have to sell a few more cakes. icon_smile.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks we will be here. Remember when you do start doing the images, you can charge more for the image. People should charge anywhere between 8-15 extra for the image. I know some people charge more/less, but that is a good range depending on the area you live in. You should be able to pay for your paper in 2-3 prints and your ink in about 4-6 prints. Then the rest is pure profit. Generally we tell people that your cost per print is about $2.00. That is conservative and allows for messing up! When you refill, it goes down to a little over $1.00. So everything else becomes profit! Be sure however to print at least once per week with that printer even if it is on regular paper. I would start advertising that it is coming so it puts the idea in your customers head.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%