Need Help Please!!

Decorating By idavie Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 2:23am by idavie

idavie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idavie Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 1:32am
post #1 of 5

I have a friend who is asking me to do a cake for her daughter's birthday. The birthday party falls on a Sunday and I told her that I was busy that weekend, so she asked me if I can do it by Friday. I told her that I can but my question is, can a buttercream cake be in the refrigerator for 2 whole days and still taste fresh? I would hate to say yes to her and then the day of the party, the cake taste old. Thanks in advance, Irene

4 replies
MJoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJoycake Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 1:50am
post #2 of 5

You could make it without using fillings that require refrigeration. The cake is more likely to go stale/dry spending two days in the fridge, from what I've read and from my own experience.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:06am
post #3 of 5

I agree with MJoycake, a refrigerated cake tends to go stale quicker. Use a non-perishable filling and your cake's freshness will be fine using that timeframe. icon_smile.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:16am
post #4 of 5

There's no need to refrigerate a buttercream iced cake unless the filling is perishable. Cake stays good for about a week.

idavie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idavie Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:23am
post #5 of 5

Thank you for your response. I have been making cakes for only a few months and I only do it as a hobby, but I have always decorated them the day prior. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%