Has Anyone Taken The Wilton Master Course?

Decorating By kayakgirl13 Updated 24 Nov 2009 , 5:54pm by cblupe

kayakgirl13 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 5

I'm considering signing up for the Wilton 10-day master course at the Wilton School in Chicago. I'd like to hear some reviews from people who have attended this. It would be a big expense for me but it is something I think I'd enjoy a lot. I'm just wondering if it's really worth the money.

4 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 5

I took it and loved every minute of it. It's great reinforcement of what I learned in Wilton 1-3 and so much more.

Just being with other cakers for 10 days was worth the cost of the class--so many ideas shared.

The staff of the school is wonderful and if you can swing it, you can take extra classes in gum paste, fondant, pulled sugar, chocolate, while you're there, depending on the class schedule.

mariahbakes Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 5

My mom gave it to me as a Christmas present a few years ago... I loved it! And I agree with BlakesCakes...take the other classes if you can!

11cupcakes Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 5

My friend took it and she loved it.

cblupe Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 5

I took it about four years ago and I absolutely loved every minute of it. The two weeks are packed full of techniques that are not covered in the Wilton courses. You will learn an incredible amount just in the master course and you leave with your work.

I also took my first gumpaste course, fondant course and blown/pulled sugar course. They were incredible.

I spent wayyyyy toooo much money but don't have any regrets. Go and enjoy yourself. Tell Sandi 'hello' for me. She's an angel as are all of the other instructors.

I want to return and take some other classes someday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%