Holiday Cc Adopt A Family

Decorating By costumeczar Updated 5 Dec 2009 , 12:34am by costumeczar

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 9

I'm coordinating the Secret Santa/Adopt a Family for CC members this year, and I thought that I'd post here about it since the main thread is in the lounge. If you can help out with a gift card or would like to sponsor a family please visit the thread for information http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-659802.html\\

Thanks!

8 replies
costumeczar Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 9

I still need sponsors, even for $10 gift cards! Thanks!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 9

Come on all you business owners out there I know you can afford a $10 gift card.....let's help our fellow CC'ers and their families have a great holiday!

costumeczar Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 12:06pm
post #4 of 9

Here's a thank-you from one family who's being helped:

Thank you so much! You have no idea how much we appreciate everyone's generosity and how much it helps. We would not be able to have a Christmas without the kindness of the wonderful CC members who are helping us this year. Please pass our tremendous gratitude and heartfelt thanks on to them for me and my family.

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 2:42am
post #5 of 9

.... i think they made this a sticky last year so it would stay at the top of the topics, maybe a moderator could do that?

costumeczar Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 11:33am
post #6 of 9

I pm'd Heath about doing a sticky but I guess he hasn't gotten around to it yet.

I have two more families who have asked for help, so if anyone else would like to sponsor one, please pm me!

costumeczar Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 1:55pm
post #7 of 9

The day after Black Friday...We've all done our shopping, and can now think about our budgets for Secret Santas!

If anyone can sponsor a family or contribute a gift card for a smaller amount, I'd greatly appreciate it. I now have 4 requests for help and nobody to match them with. If you were planning on doing a toys for tots program this year, this would be a good outlet for that!

Thanks!

costumeczar Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 12:11pm
post #8 of 9

Hi, Everyone,

First, thanks to everyone who has donated and offered to help. I appreciate it, and I know that the families who have asked for help do, too.

Unfortunately, I have decided that I need to close the program to any more requests for help for this year, due to a lack of donors. At this point I have four families who have asked for help and I don't have anyone to match them with. Because of this, I decided to move the deadline for requests up, so I won't be accepting any more requests for help at this point.

If for some reason I suddenly get a lot of people who want to sponsor families, then I'll open it up for requests again, but seeing the response I've received so far I don't want to have anyone relying on that.

Thanks again to anyone who has already donated, and if anyone else would like to donate to one of the remaining families please let me know. I only had requests from 10 families this year, so it wasn't a huge number, and any donation, including small-denomination gift cards, are appreciated.

costumeczar Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 12:34am
post #9 of 9

This is my final request, so breathe easy...I only have ONE family who hasn't been helped at all, so if anyone is able to donate ANY AMOUNT I'd appreciate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%