Deluxe Ovens

Business By itsacake Updated 29 Nov 2009 , 5:04am by CindiM

itsacake Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 12

What do those of you who have Deluxe Ovens have them sitting on? Russ suggested purchasing the stand they make specifically for the oven, but it seems like that is not the most cost effective solution, especially as I'm getting two ovens becasue of the kosher thing.

What works for all of you?

11 replies
Loucinda Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 12

You may want to check with your local health department - they may have something that is a requirement for it to set on, if you aren't using the stand made for it.

itsacake Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 12

The architectural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing plans are being submitted to the health department and the city. As far as I know, as long as it is NSF approved, they don't care what anything specifically sits on. If I remember correctly, the stand manufactured by Deluxe is like a short baker's rack on wheels, so not anything the health department would mandate.

Loucinda Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 12

For a commercial oven here you have to have the special protective flooring and backing on the walls. (which I why I thought it would be a good idea to ask the HD) Commercial is the key word there though - different rules here for licensed vs. commercial.

Good luck - I would LOVE to have a Deluxe oven!

itsacake Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 12

There are a TON of rules and so far the answer I get when I ask the health department planning division anything is 'Submit the plans and then we can give you an answer" UMMMMM HELLO!, I wanted answers so I could submit plans that would be APPROVED the first time around.

This will be a commercial kitchen in an industrial complex, so you are correct that everything has to be commercially rated and there is a requirement for steel on the walls behind a stove or oven--though my contractor says he doesn't think this particular oven will require it--one of the reasons I wanted the Deluxe. Interestingly, Russ at Deluxe says he has a letter from the State of California that says there does not have to be venting for this oven, but the relevant California code says that local entities can make their own rules, so who knows.

In the meantime, I'm still wondering what Deluxe owners have their ovens sitting on. The stands from Deluxe are $750.00 each. Steel tables would be a lot less and not so different.

Loucinda Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 8:31pm
post #6 of 12

I would get the NSF stainless tables, make sure the weight capacity is ok with the oven (I am sure you would, just adding that) The one I have here in my kitchen has the shelf under it which would be nice for you too. I hope you get your approval first time around! (and I am at least helping you keep this towards the top!) icon_wink.gif

itsacake Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 8:26pm
post #7 of 12

Hey Loucinda! Thanks, indeed, for taking the time to answer. My contractor just called and said the architect talked to the health department and they do want steel on the wall behind the ovens. He thinks no venting is going to be OK, and he thinks steel tables will be approved as well--if they even think to ask. An extra shelf underneath sounds like a great idea. The kitchen sounds huge, but I'm sure storage is going to be an issue.

Lenette Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 8:40pm
post #8 of 12

I have Deluxe ovens, no venting or metal sheeting was required. I did have to have the legs that you can get with it so that I can clean underneath. The whole thing is sitting on a stainless work table.

If you can get the equipment stand I would do it. I think they sit a little lower and that would be helpful for me. HTH! icon_smile.gif

susiekoos Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 1:46am
post #9 of 12

I have a commercial kitchen and mine sits on a stainless steel table with no special venting or backing behind it, just FRP on the walls. It's nice with the table because it gives me 2 shelfs for cake pan storage. Good luck with your kitchen icon_smile.gif

JenniferMI Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 2:22pm
post #10 of 12

I lucked out and found a wonderful table at K-Mart of all places. It has metal legs. But, I would think stainless steel something would be great.
Of course, it just has to be sturdy.

Love my Deluxe!

Jen icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 3:05pm
post #11 of 12

Here's another way to look at it--the Health Department & code boys want to make the world a better place. If they have nothing to 'help you out on' they might go looking more in depth kwim. It's ok to have them guide you. It also provides some protection for you because they are only people--later on if you get a new fire marshall inspecting you and you often get different health inspecters month by month--you can say well so & so with your department approved it this way this already.

It's like how much does a cake cost? Well it all depends.

That's what they're doing.

You're going, What do you want me to have here?
They're going, All depends. Try me.

>>>Lenette, can you cut down the legs on your table to get the height you want? My stainless table legs just fit into sockets so that end of the table leg could easily be cut down--maybe yours are like that? Just a thought for you.

CindiM Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 5:04am
post #12 of 12

One of my DeLuxe ovens is on a stainless steel equipment stand, made to hold ovens for 9 years. My new DeLuxe oven is just on a stainless steel table. No special vents at either of my shops.

Quote by @%username% on %date%