What To Do With Masonite Board?

Decorating By confectionsofahousewife Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 2:41pm by sadsmile

confectionsofahousewife Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 8

Hi. I just got a masonite board yesterday from a friend that I would like to use for a cake this weekend. I usually use foam board or cardboard cake circles stacked together. Anyway, what do I cover the masonite with? Its an ugly brownish color so I don't want it to show. I've never used masonite before so I'm not sure what to do! Thanks.

7 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 8

You cover it. Just like any other board. Butcher paper is great. Or Fanci Foil.

sadsmile Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 8

You could also cover it with a nice layer of fondant. Glue a ribbon around the edge.

__Jamie__ Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 8

Yeah, that too. Sticks real well to the masonite.

jammjenks Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:35pm
post #5 of 8

All good suggestions. I prefer freezer paper, but you could use just about anything.

confectionsofahousewife Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 5:27pm
post #6 of 8

Great! Thanks for the info. I figured you covered it just like anything else but wanted to check for sure.

cylstrial Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:09pm
post #7 of 8

You can cover it with scrapbook paper and then cover it with clear contact paper as well. And then put the ribbon along the edge as well.

sadsmile Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:41pm
post #8 of 8

Manufactures of Contact brand paper state their product is not food safe and to have the food items placed on a plate or other food safe barrier between the food and their product.

Just a friendly FYI... and now back to out regularly scheduled programing. icon_wink.gif

I love covered boards! they add so much to the whole presentation with a finished and polished look. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%