Square Pans - 6", 4" And 2"

Decorating By kaddikakes Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 1:30pm by Loucinda

kaddikakes Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 4

I am going to try and do a tier cake consisting of a 6", 4" and 2" square pans! Will one doctored box cake be enough for these three pans? How long do I bake the cake in each pan and can I bake them all at the same time? Then I am only going to fill the 6", should I let that one sit a while before putting the 4" on top. Then how much icing will it take to ice and decorate these (I am just using buttercream icing)? Any and ALL help is appreciated (anyone want to come over and HELP)???? icon_confused.gif

3 replies
Loucinda Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 4

Are you making them 2 layers each? A 6" sq. takes about 2 cups of batter - not sure about the other 2. Icing - again, a 6" sq. takes about 3 cups - adjust from there for the others. No matter what sizes I am stacking, I wrap the cakes in plastic wrap and set them however they will be on the final cake for several hours. Then make sure you RE stack them in the same order. Have fun icing those little buggers, I would rather ice a 20" than those tiny ones.

kaddikakes Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 12:15pm
post #3 of 4

Loucinda, thanks for the help. You're right they are small!!!! Live and learn. I might not do the 2". Thanks especially for how much batter to put in the pans that worked great. I will attempt to fill and ice tonight and decorate tomorrow. Wish me luck icon_eek.gif

Loucinda Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 4

Eentsy teency good luck wishes for that 2" one! icon_wink.gif Post pics of it when you are done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%