Send A Cookie With Each Christmas Card

Baking By Jillfcs Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 6:45pm by GeminiRJ

Jillfcs Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 12

I would like to include one cookie with each of my Christmas cards. Does anyone have any ideas on how to package it for U S mail?

11 replies
cylstrial Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 12

You'd have to find some little boxes to mail it in. There is an article that tells you how to package them. I'll go see if I can find it for you.

But I just have a question. Are these like samples so that people will want to buy your cookies? Because if there are 5 kids and you only send 1 cookie...

Just wondering.

cylstrial Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 12

Ok - it was a super easy find! Here ya go! Hope this helps!

http://cakecentral.com/articles/127/how-to-package-ship-cookie-bouquets

cylstrial Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 12

This is the smallest box thing that I could find. I know there has to be something better out there - but I just wanted you to have an idea. I think if you could find a little square or rectangular box, that would be great.

http://www.nashvillewraps.com/gift-boxes/pillow-box/sku-pw4aq.html

Jillfcs Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 11:41am
post #6 of 12

Cylstrial: Thanks tons for your input I am going to go with one of the crush proof type boxes you linked to on ebay.

No, I am not in the business I am sending this out just to family (not to everyone because it would be cost prohibitive). I have not decided on a design for the sugar cookie yet, but my idea is to put the cookie in a cello bar, tie it with ribbon and put a single-sided Christmas card on top of the cookie.

The theme of our holiday greeting will be JOY. The saying I am going to use on the card is: May the joy you bring to others return to you in great measure this holiday season. Now any ideas on how I should design the cookie!?!?!?!

cylstrial Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 12

That sounds really cute! What kind of cookie could you send out for Joy? Hmm...let me think about it for a bit and hopefully I can think of something.

BCo Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:31pm
post #8 of 12

there are "JOY" cookie cutters out there - I've seen one that just one cookie spelling out JOY or 3 cutters, 1 for each letter J, O, Y. Just do a google search and they will come up!

Good luck - sounds like a cute idea to me!! icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 2:54pm
post #10 of 12

That's actually what I was thinking as well. To spell JOY. You can take little cookie cutters and squish the cookies together in dough form and then bake them like that too.

Jillfcs Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 5:08pm
post #11 of 12

YAY! -- okay, I am excited now. I will do some more research and post what I come up with. Thanks, guys!

GeminiRJ Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:45pm
post #12 of 12

I saw a cookie (Wilton???) that would work beautifully for this. It's a heart, iced all in red, with a mini-dove cookie iced in white and attached at the top left. It has some scrollwork piping, and the word "Peace"....I think. It would be simple to write "Joy" instead. Very elegant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%