Good Tasting Sleeved Fillings? Fav Brand?

Decorating By JCE62108 Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 1:18am by MrsNancyB1

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 6:16am
post #1 of 8

Ok, well, the only brand available in my area is the henry and henry brand. Some of it is ok, some of it I really dont like.

I like the cream cheese filling. It tastes just like cheesecake. I made a vanilla cake with raspberry cheesecake filling and it was pretty good. Only thing is Im not too thrilled with the raspberry. I would prefer if it didnt have seeds. It kind of has that weird un-natural taste as well.

Ive tried the strawberry filling, it has a weird un-natural flavor to me. I tried the apricot filling, its a little bland. I wondered if adding some lorann flavoring might help?

Is there a different brand that you guys like to use? Where do you get it? If you have tried the Henry and Henry, what is your honest opinion about their flavors?

I think home-made fillings are so much better, but so many of my customers request fondant, and most fillngs have to be refriderated. I dont refiderate my fondant cakes anymore. Reguardless of people who say it turns out fine when you take it out, that hasnt been the case for me. So I have kind of taken to the idea of sleeved fillings so that I can at least have that to offer my customers who want fondant cakes.

7 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:21pm
post #2 of 8

I use the sleeve fillings from www.countrykitchensa.com. They are really big and affordable...and they taste great as well. I just order mine off the internet.

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:45pm
post #3 of 8

I like Henry and Henry

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 8

I use H & H ... don't like the cream fillings. LOVE the raspberry icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

JCE62108 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:01am
post #5 of 8

If you have tried the Henry and Henry strawberry filling, what do you think about it? Honestly I thought it was "ok", but I couldnt find anything else better. My customer said her cake smelt like rotten fruit after using this product. I have no doubt it was the filling that was the problem, not the strawberries. The strawberries were bought and sliced fresh the same day as her delivery.

This is really why Im asking. I dont want this to happen again. Ill take a look at that website cylstrial, thank for your input. Its greatly appreciated.

JCE62108 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:12am
post #6 of 8

Those prices are decent, pretty much what Ive been paying. Ill give those a try next time I think. Have you tried the strawberry flavor?

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:18am
post #7 of 8

It sounds like I should try the Henry and Henry brand just to see which brand I like more.

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 1:18am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

I use the sleeve fillings from www.countrykitchensa.com. They are really big and affordable...and they taste great as well. I just order mine off the internet.

I have not used these myself, but the fillings at S U G A R C R A F.T dot com look like they're a little better price. They are also 2lb sleeves.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%