Gum Paste Flowers And Florist Wire

Decorating By CakesByAdriana Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 1:02am by Texas_Rose

CakesByAdriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByAdriana Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:47am
post #1 of 4

How do I glue flowers or any thing else made of gum paste to a cake? I know that you can use water, and egg whites when making but do I use it to apply to the cake as well? I have also seen royal icing used.

Also, I have seen alot of cakes on CC that use wires with balls, flowers, etc. attached to the wire and used as a topper. How are these done? What do you use as glue to keep on the wire? When working with fondant I use clear piping gel.
Can I use piping gel on gum paste?

Thanks

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:16am
post #2 of 4

I use glue made from tylose mixed with water. It only takes a little bit of tylose.

To hold gumpaste onto bare wire, heat the wire before you put the gumpaste in. That will melt the sugar enough to glue the gumpaste to the wire.

CakesByAdriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByAdriana Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 12:56am
post #3 of 4

Thanks Hopefully I can find that product. Is it the same as piping gel? I use that for fondant on fondant.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 1:02am
post #4 of 4

Tylose is a powder that gets added to gumpaste to make it stretchy. You can find it at the cake decorating shop or order it online. I haven't tried making glue with gum-tex but if you have that instead you could try it.

You could also use egg white but some people don't like to use raw egg white on their cakes...if that's an issue for you, you could mix meringue powder and water to make glue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%