Too Late To Fill Cake?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 19 Nov 2009 , 12:43pm by cakesrock

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:00am
post #1 of 5

I was so focused on the design of my cake that I actually forgot to fill it! It is a small 3 tier original WASC recipe, covered in BC and frozen.

I'm considering cutting through (around dowels) while it's frozen and filling with BC. Because it's a mountain/cave and the icing is haphazardly applied, it's easy to fix the flaws afterwards.

Is this really risky? Will I compromise the integrity of the structure if I do this and regret it?

If I don't fill it, it's not THAT big of a deal, the cake is still relatively small (narrow) and there's lots of BC on it. And the gal I'm making it for, will serve ice cream with it!

Opinions?

TIA!

4 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:17am
post #2 of 5

Wow! I wouldn't take that chance! Scary!

I recently made a cake that because of it's structure, had very little bc in or on it. So, I sent a little container of extra icing along with the cake. icon_smile.gif

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:25am
post #3 of 5

What about injecting the cake with filling using the bismark tip?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 5

Cutting fzn cake isn't easy! icon_sad.gif With the info you have given I think I'd leave it alone.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:43pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenng1482

What about injecting the cake with filling using the bismark tip?

Thanks, everyone - great idea about sending the extra icing too. But I will leave it alone!

However I am interested in this 'injection process'.. I've never heard of it. What would be the best filling? How do you do it and what's a bismark tip?

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%