Covering Rkt

Decorating By mom2twogrlz Updated 22 Nov 2009 , 4:31am by mom2twogrlz

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:53am
post #1 of 6

What is the best way to cover RKT with fondant? I wanted to get it covered tonight, but I am not amking my frosting til' tomorrow. This is for the cannon part of a cannon cake. I used RKT so it will be able to defy gravity.

TIA

5 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:43am
post #2 of 6

I used an oreo cookie straw covered with fondant for my tank cannon and it stayed up well with a lollipop stick attached and pushed quite far into the cake. How big is the cannon?

When I've covered RKT with fondant, I always do a thin layer of BC, just like cake.... icon_smile.gif

mom2twogrlz Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:31am
post #3 of 6

It is pretty big. It is a grooms cake. Right now I have the cannon itself at 16 inches and the cake base is a 1/4 sheet cake 4 layers high, but cut out to be smaller as I go up. Here is a picture of my model I am attempting to replicate. I am taking out some of the detail though.
LL

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:49am
post #4 of 6

Wow - big cake! Please post photo when complete...

mom2twogrlz Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:22am
post #5 of 6

will do....this one is definitely a challenge for me. I am still a rookie!!!

mom2twogrlz Posted 22 Nov 2009 , 4:31am
post #6 of 6

Ok...cake done!! Not as good as I was hoping for, but turned out ok. The proportions could have been better, and the dang cannon kept cracking!! I got to try out my new airbrush though, that was fun. This was a major challenge for me.

Here is the picture you requested Cakesrock.......honest opinions welcome...even brutal ones!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%