Help!!! Turkey Cake But Do Not Have Egg Shaped Pan

Decorating By msnrozier Updated 19 Nov 2009 , 12:49pm by ibmoser

msnrozier Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:08am
post #1 of 6

or oval!!!!!!!!!!!

all I have is the ball pan. Can I make that work!!!???? then it won't look turkeyish!

it'll look more like a chicken!!

Plz help with ideas!!! none of the stores have the egg pan out this time of yr!!

5 replies
momma28 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:15am
post #2 of 6

I didnt use a shaped pan at all. I used two 1/2 sheets and cut them in half and stacked...then I carved. Its not a very hard shape and this way it was the size of a 17 - to 20 lb turkey so it looked really realistic. Its in my photos if that helps.

juleebug Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:22am
post #3 of 6

I'm facing the same issue this week. I'm planning to use a BC "Bake & Fill" pan (similar to the ball pan) and then carve it. Good luck with yours.

momma - thanks for the tip.

TexasSugar Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:00am
post #4 of 6

I used the oval pans for mine, with no bake even strips so it cooked with a hump. icon_smile.gif

caseyhayes Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 4:38am
post #5 of 6

I used a ball pan for my turkey cake delivered this morning. It's in my photos. It was not an easy bird but that was not because of the shape of the pan. I did cut some off the rear of the turkey so my feathers would have a better chance of sticking. Good luck!

ibmoser Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:49pm
post #6 of 6

If you are talking about the body of a roasted turkey and are hesitant to carve, you can use the football pan and just round the ends. Michaels and AC Moore here have the football pans right now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%