Cake For A Friend

Lounge By baking_fool Updated 19 Nov 2009 , 3:41am by baking_fool

baking_fool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baking_fool Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:49am
post #1 of 5

Hello, I know you guys hear these stories all the time but I just wanted to vent because it has been bothering me. A friend of mine was having a party for her child that was turning 2. She wanted to have a big party so I offered to make a nice cake for her but I asked if she could help me pay for the cost of the ingreadents because I was short on money at the time. She was more then happy she said to pay for the ingreadents because she wanted something other then a wal mart cake. Well I made the cake and took it to the party and she even asked how much the ingreadents would be, I told her $30. Well that was about a month ago, I have not heard from her or any thing, my bofriend asked her husband about the money and he told him he would give it to him, but nothing. Last time I saw her at wal mart she just said hi and walked away. icon_sad.gif I don't get it some times. Any way thanks for letting me vent.
Here is a pic of the cake I made, I know it is not perfect but at least worth $30 in ingreadents right?
LL

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:59am
post #2 of 5

That's a great cake!

Next time get the money in advance...tell the friend you don't have money to buy the ingredients so they need to buy them before you can make the cake icon_biggrin.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:05am
post #3 of 5

Honey, that cake's worth the $30 plus about $100 more! It's so rude and uncomfortable when people leave you hanging like that. I'd ask her one more time just as a 'friendly reminder' and if she doesn't pay up - no more cakes for her...ever. Maybe put a stipulation on it like "I'll be happy to come by Thursday to pick it up as I need the money for ingredients for another cake." She needs to understand how important it is to honor her word for things like this.

Good luck!

loulou758 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loulou758 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:20am
post #4 of 5

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I agree with Texas_Rose about getting the $ ahead of time...you'll know for next time!! And for the record, that cake is AWESOME...worth well over $30!! And if your "friend" doesn't end up paying you, well...maybe she's not such a good friend after all. She should appreciate your awesome skills!!
As bad as I feel for you, I appreciate you for sharing this experience. I'm brand new to the world of caking and have only done a few cakes for family. Reading others' stories helps me learn what to do and not to do in the future! icon_smile.gif
Keep on cakin', you're awesome at it!!

baking_fool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baking_fool Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:41am
post #5 of 5

thank you all for your comments and advice, I am so bad at collecting money icon_redface.gif I just always feel so strange about it lol. I will defenatly get the $ in advance from now on even if it is a "friend".

Once again thank you all for your nice comments about my cake icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%