My Birthday Cake :-)

Decorating By Cathy26 Updated 19 Nov 2009 , 12:31am by JGMB

Cathy26 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:11am
post #1 of 5

Hi guys, well Im 26 in two days and i decided to make myself a treat and try something id wanted to for a while - the slice missing cake - its in my pics, and i have to say im so pleased with it!! i love whimsical cakes and this is such a cute idea its cheered me up a lot - been gutted this week - the premises we were in for to open our cupcake shop fell through - some rich git offered a lot more than us and just as we were about to agree terms and go to legals, we were told that the Landlord was accepting this offer.

so disappointed, i know there will be other places and this time next year at least, we'l hopefully have got somewhere but it was so perfect - we were getting such a good deal and the location was perfect and it was literally ready for us to paint and move our stuff into, the timing was perfect ,the shop front was perfect - grrrrrrr its just so annoying, you get so attached to each property as you have to budget and adapt the business for each location and then they fall through and your back to square one...... ah well at least Ive got my lovely cake to look at and eat!!

4 replies
LaBellaFlor Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:26am
post #2 of 5

It's really cute! And remember, when one door closes God opens another.

cattycornercakes Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:28am
post #3 of 5

The cake you made for yourself is so cute! I love it!

Happy Birthday!

bettinashoe Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:28am
post #4 of 5

I'm so sorry to hear that the shop fell through. Don't be discouraged--it will happen. Just focus on having a shop and not so much on a specific location. That's when the places come to you. I focused on so many places that I knew would be perfect. Then when I realized that it was either too expensive, would take too much work, didn't have enough traffic, etc. I decided to put it in His hands and just pray for a shop, the right shop and that's when the right place came to me. It will happen for you, too. You're too talented not to be "out there" for everyone. Great birthday cake, by the way. Have a blessed one. You'll be in "your shop" before you know it. I just know you will!

JGMB Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:31am
post #5 of 5

Your special cake is beautiful, as are all of your others. Have a WONDERFUL birthday!!! party.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%