How Much In Advance To Make Fresh Strawberry Filled Cake?

Decorating By mom2my3girlz Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 12:03am by Deb_

mom2my3girlz Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 5

i have to make a fondont covered cake with fresh strawberries and cream filling. How far in advance can I make it? It will be covered in fondont.

4 replies
KathysCC Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:25am
post #2 of 5

I would think that strawberries and cream filling should be refrigerated shouldn't it. Hope you get someone who knows better than I do. icon_rolleyes.gif

helby Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 5

I am making a pool table cake for next Friday,and I would like to use fondont but I've never used it before so please help! and how long can I store it for Thanks

cherrycakes Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 11:58pm
post #4 of 5

Hi! I made a strawberry cake with fresh strawberries and covered in fondant for my daughter's bday last summer. I made it the day before the party and it was great however, I did keep it in the fridge until about an hour before the party. I didn't have any problems with sweating but our house was air conditioned so it was cooler. I used a stabilized whipped cream filling and spread a very thin layer of BC over the cake layers first (kind of like buttering toast) and then placed the strawberries on top of the cream. I dried the strawberry slices on paper towels as much as possible so there wasn't excess moisture. The cake was really good and the leftovers were still fine up to two days after the event. So, I would venture to say you could make it at least a day or even two in advance.

Deb_ Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 12:03am
post #5 of 5

Definitely refrigerate it. Strawberries will leak juice over time so I would make it as close to the event as you can.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%