Need Some Honesty Opinions. I'm Confused

Lounge By Trish43 Updated 19 Nov 2009 , 1:57am by Trish43

Trish43 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 14

Hello everyone i have a question to ask and i would like your honesty opinion. Here is the situation i have a co-worker who i have worked with for over a year she recently quit her job because she said she could not get along with me. Over the years i have made cakes for her what ever occasion she needed. I charged her of course, but she came back to the job site to get her last paycheck and she was in my office laughing and talking with me, then she said she would call me because she is going to need some cookies for the holiday. Now keep in mind this is the same person who left her job because of me. I'm confused and don't understand if i'm this mean person why would you want me to bake anything for you. What would you all do. I just need some honest opions on this I'm confused.

13 replies
peg818 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 14

this sounds like a he said she said thing.

Did your coworker actually tell you she quit because of you?

Now thats really just my curiosity talking. Frankly you don't have to like someone to do business with them, take her money and smile all the way to the bank.

Trish43 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 14

Yes she did tell me that i was the reason she quit her job, but she never told our management staff.

__Jamie__ Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 14

So she told you basically, that you suck and she has to get away from you, but she wants to give you $$ for some cookies. Okkkkkkkkk. Well, now she is just a regular client, we don't have to like them. Charge accordingly. Ignore the personality part of this situation. She may just be trying to get a rise out of you. Truth be told, you probably got more attention at work because you are a better employee, and she takes it personally.

Mike1394 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:02pm
post #5 of 14

Who cares. Maybe the person that told you is the one that don't like you.

Mike

Trish43 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:21pm
post #6 of 14

I thank you all for your honesty and strong opinions. I know how i need to handle this situation.

alvarezmom Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:37pm
post #7 of 14

How bizzzzare. That lady is off h er rocker. LOL Kinda funny, but weird at the same time. I probably wouldnt want to help her in anyway, but then decide to do the order anyway. Tack on an extra $5.00 fee!

TexasSugar Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:40pm
post #8 of 14

You said you charge her but how do your prices compare to those in your area? Don't take this the wrong way, but if your prices are on the low side then maybe that is all she is interested in, and it wouldn't matter if she liked you or didn't if she thought she could get a deal on your hard work.

CakeMommyTX Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 10:07pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

You said you charge her but how do your prices compare to those in your area? Don't take this the wrong way, but if your prices are on the low side then maybe that is all she is interested in, and it wouldn't matter if she liked you or didn't if she thought she could get a deal on your hard work.

Good point, if you are charging $1 per serving/cookie and the going rate is $3-$4 in your area then that may be why she's still having you make stuff for her.

Was she joking when she told you she did'nt like you?

I would double check your pricing, she might be taking advantage of you.

cutthecake Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 10:16pm
post #10 of 14

I'd be too busy to help her out "that week", whenever that is. Too many things smell fishy. If you don't have a legal kitchen, could she be trying to do something underhanded?

paulstonia Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:27am
post #11 of 14

She's in your office laughing and talking with you after she quit he job because of you? that doesn't really make sense. But as long as she pays you, take her money.

bettinashoe Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:38am
post #12 of 14

Maybe I'm just a little more sensitive than most, but I just wouldn't want to bake for her. OMG, I just remembered I had a lady who worked for me who lied about me trying to get me fired. Then she was moved under another manager and was begging to come back to work under me. I totally refused but when she requested a wedding cake and groom's cake, I gave her a fair price, which she accepted and I made the cakes! I admit, I didn't want to do it but I love baking even for those who don't always deserve it! So, what's the lesson here? I guess some people don't really realize that they are hurtful! Or maybe they realize you make really good cookies at a fair price! Bottom line, in the end we who are a little more sensitive and a lot more talented (in baking) win out! Go for it, girl!

WykdGud Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:51am
post #13 of 14

Are you licensed? If not, I wouldn't sell to her. If she's got a grudge against you, I wouldn't risk getting turned into the health department.

Trish43 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:57am
post #14 of 14

After my experience with her i have decided not to bake for her because i do not trust her she might set me up and call the health dept. to say she got sick eating one of my cookies who knows lol. Sometimes it's not about the money it's the person you have to deal with, i just rather move on and let her figure out where she will buy the cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%