Michael's Cricut Black Friday Sale

Decorating By BCo Updated 21 Nov 2009 , 12:59am by cookie_fun

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 13

For all of those who use the Cricut for cake decorating Michael's is have a sale on the cartridges on Black Friday - 60% off! And the personal Cutter on sale for $97.99

I don't know if either one of these will work for anyone as I do not have one and don't know if this is the correct item everyone uses but maybe someone else can jump in and clarify for me.....but if it is, just thought this might be helpful!! icon_smile.gif

Here is the listing
LL
LL

12 replies
BCo Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 13

I just found the same Cricut Machine on sale on BF at Joanne's for $74.99

I hope someone can tell me if this machine will work with the fondant/gumpaste that everyone is doing!

thanks

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 13

Thats the one i have. It doesn't do as much as the expressions but works just fine for what i'm doing with it.

live2create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
live2create Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 13

That is also the same one I use, all fonts will work. It really is an awesome way to create some extra detail, I also use my pasta attachment so the fondant is all at the same thickness. It is a nice tool if one can afford to add it to their collection.

BCo Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:20pm
post #5 of 13

Good to know - I didn't want to invest in the larger one if the smaller one will work just as well. It's probably not something I would use all the time so just to start out I may grab the smaller one for $75!

thanks for the help!

live2create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
live2create Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:28pm
post #6 of 13

If yoiu would like go into my pictures there are two cakes I used the Circut with. I actually bought the larger cutter and thought I would keep that for scrap booking ( to use in my next life) I am happy with it and it really is a good price, I also saw last week Joan Fabrics had cartridges 2 for 1 they seem to be a much better price than Michaels.
Good luck

BCo Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:30pm
post #7 of 13

I will definitely check out your pics....I just saw the Black Friday Ad for WalMart and they have the Cricut Expressions on sale for $188 - I think that may be a winner for me! Seems like the cheapest I've seen anywhere....hope they have one left for me when I get there icon_smile.gif

sweetpea1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea1972 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:15pm
post #8 of 13

Thanks for the info!
I just got the Cricut Expression (HSN) because I wanted it for scrapbooking along with cakes. I can't wait to get more cartridges! (they are never included on the regular coupons)

Thanks again!

momdalejr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momdalejr Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:37pm
post #9 of 13

I just checked joanns black friday and only saw the expression on sale... where did you see it on sale at??

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:53pm
post #10 of 13

I found the black friday ad for the cricut at Joanns for $74. I'll try to attach the pic.
LL

momdalejr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momdalejr Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 6:55pm
post #11 of 13

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.... it is not on the add that I pulled up... what time do they open??

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 10:44pm
post #12 of 13

Cricutmachine.com has the expression on sale for $211.00 the Create for $120.95 and cartridges are really good buys. I think it is just a 2 day sale so if you're interested you will have to move fast, I saw it early this morning. The cheapest cartridge I saw was $15.95 and I think there was only one for that price, but lots of them for under $30.00.

edited to get the right price on the Create

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 21 Nov 2009 , 12:59am
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by momdalejr

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.... it is not on the add that I pulled up... what time do they open??

I couldn't find what time they are opening on the ad. Weird huh? I may call my local Joann's to see.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%