Baking By lilscakes Updated 19 Nov 2009 , 1:02am by Texas_Rose

lilscakes Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 4

I am looking for a scratch recipe for Marzipan....if that's even possible. I love the stuff on my Christmas fruitcakes and usually just buy the stuff, but for some reason can't find it anywhere this year. Does anyone in CC world know if this can be made from scratch and if so, have a recipe? I've searched the recipes here but didn't find anything. Thanks in advance. Christmas fruitcake simply isn't the same without it icon_sad.gif

3 replies
tazmycat Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 4

I don't remember the recipe, but I used to make it w/ almond paste which I bought in a can in the grocery store. The recipe might be on it, if they still sell this.

lilscakes Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:58am
post #3 of 4

I guess I should have been a bit more specific....looking to make the "almond paste" so I can make the marzipan. Does anyone know how to make almond paste from scratch? Thanks!

Texas_Rose Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:02am
post #4 of 4

You can make marzipan with almond meal. I don't have an exact recipe that I use, but I mix 1lb almond meal with 2 lbs powdered sugar, then add 1 tablespoon almond extract, 1/3 cup amaretto and enough corn syrup to make it stick together. Let it ripen a couple days before using it, if possible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%