Begginer

Baking By amandasteiner Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 5:26am by dstbni

amandasteiner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amandasteiner Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 4

I want to make a special cake for my sons first Birthday. I am looking for an easy recipie that I can't screw up! I have never made a cake from scratch before. His Birthday is still a couple of months away so I am planning on experimenting a little first. Any advice would be wonderful! Thanks!!!

Also I was thinking about using the Wilton star cake pan. Any advice there? Most of the recipies I have come across say to bake in a round pan. Do you use the same oven temp and baking time?

3 replies
pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 4

Use the search option to look up "WASC" there are many great variations, it is a boxed mix and you add ingredients.
As for time and temp to bake in the star pan, lot of the Wilton pans come with baking instructions. You can do a search here as well, there is a section in the forums with Wilton pan instructions

Welcome to CC and good luck!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 5:03am
post #3 of 4

Hi and Welcome to CC, amandasteiner. icon_smile.gif

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188.html

Above super thread has popular CC recipes for crusting American buttercreams, several types of fondant and doctored cake mix (WASC and other flavor variations) and so much more!

HTH

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 5:26am
post #4 of 4

Here's a link to the Star Pan page on the Wilton website. There's a link on the top for the instructions, the second page has the actual baking instructions. I seem to use about 30-50% more icing than they recommend, so keep that in mind. It also says that a 2 layer cake mix will work, so any recipe that makes 2 8in rounds (2 in high) should work just fine.

http://www.wilton.com/shapedpan/Star-Pan

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%