Decorating By luckystar23 Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 5:27pm by CakeMommyTX

luckystar23 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 8

Look like dripping icing? any tips?
Thank you all icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
cheesecakes-galore Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 8

I know with chocolate ganache, the way I have done it in the past is take a spoon and dribble it in different amounts around the edge of the cake. Don't know if that makes any sense, or if that is even what you are looking for.

CakeMommyTX Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 8

In fondant, butter cream, royal or ganache?

luckystar23 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

In fondant, butter cream, royal or ganache?

Sorry forgot to say it would be with fondant icon_smile.gif

CakeMommyTX Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 8

I would lay the icing fondant over the top and smooth down the side just as far down as you want your icing to drip and then cut drips all around the cake with anxacto knife, remove the excess fondant and smooth the edges .

If you want to do this on a butter cream frosted cake make sure you chill your cake at least a few hours if not overnight, if the buttercream is'nt really really cold and hard the fondant will pull it off the cake.

If it's on a fondant cake then you should me be fine just chilling it until it's hard.
I like to work with cold hard cakes,cuts down on finger prints and smudges.

Hope that makes sense.

luckystar23 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 4:47pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

I would lay the icing fondant over the top and smooth down the side just as far down as you want your icing to drip and then cut drips all around the cake with anxacto knife, remove the excess fondant and smooth the edges .

If you want to do this on a butter cream frosted cake make sure you chill your cake at least a few hours if not overnight, if the buttercream is'nt really really cold and hard the fondant will pull it off the cake.

If it's on a fondant cake then you should me be fine just chilling it until it's hard.
I like to work with cold hard cakes,cuts down on finger prints and smudges.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the tip but what is a anxacto knife? I googled it and only found exacto knife

jamiekwebb Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 4:58pm
post #7 of 8

That's it honey , just a typo. Exacto is what you want.

CakeMommyTX Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:27pm
post #8 of 8

Yep just a typo,looks like I skipped the space bar on that one..lol, it's Xacto
http://www.xacto.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=165

This is my most valubale tool in cake decorting I use it for everything I do, I also have a second one for cutting boards,goes through foam board like butter!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%