Sos!!! Cowboy Christmas Themed Cake

Decorating By mexicrocker Updated 21 Dec 2009 , 12:05am by mexicrocker

mexicrocker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mexicrocker Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 7

Please help!!! I've been asked to make a cake for a cowboy christmas party, can anyone give me some ideas? I've seen quite a few cowboy ideas but I don't know how to tie in the christmas part. Please help!!

6 replies
sweettooth88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth88 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 7

you could make a christmas tree with a cowboy hat topper, and horse shoe ornaments and such. or you could make a cowboy had with christmas lights around them. maybe you can draw some insiration from this. Sorry the details are not more specific.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:47pm
post #3 of 7

I like the christimas tree idea !
Maybe you can do a Sheriffs Star as the topper and add some horseshoes like sweet suggested, bluebonnets and some bandana bows.
Brb let me find a pic of what I have in mind.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 7

Google "western christmas decor' and you get page after page of ornaments and other things that will spark some ideas for you. HTH

manderson19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manderson19 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 7

One idea would be to put a wreath around a skull or set of horns propped up on a straw bale. Or, create a beat-up looking fence section for the topper with a wreath draped over one of the posts. A fence could be put all around the cake with garland and bows on it. A tiny pair of boots with candy canes sticking out of them would be cute too. I've seen molds for boots, hats, bull skulls and even saddles and will look for that link if you would like.
Melisa

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mexicrocker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mexicrocker Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 12:05am
post #7 of 7

Thank you guys for your ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%