What Is This Called?

Decorating By Newatdecorating Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 1:28pm by KHalstead

Newatdecorating Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 6

There is a technique where you put a pattern on top of your iced cake and you use something to mark the cake so you can decorate it. Hope that makes sense! Anyway, I have read about it before and am not finding it now. Knowing me, it's right in front of my face and I'm not seeing it! Would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction!

5 replies
TJCanadian Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 6

Mmm Pin Prick method? Using a pin to poke through the pattern, it puts the pattern on the cake and then you decorate over the pin marks in the icing?

dolfin Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 6

I think you are looking for the wilton gel transfer method, you can find at link above. Hope that is what you need.

metria Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 6

This page may be helpful to you:

"10 Ways to Transfer Images to Cakes"


Newatdecorating Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 6

Well, I'm not totally off then. That's what I referred to it when talking to a friend about it. Then I started wondering if it was okay to use a pin.

KHalstead Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:28pm
post #6 of 6

the pin doesn't go into the cake, you poke the pin into the paper ( I use a toothpick for this method) and it goes through the paper and into a piece of styrofoam that you lay the paper on. The idea is to create a bumpy almost braile type of texture to the back of the paper so that when you put the paper on the cake and smooth it out and then peel it off it leaves a little indent where each of the holes had been.

Quote by @%username% on %date%