To Refridgerate Or Not?

Decorating By Meg147 Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 1:13pm by Makeitmemorable

Meg147 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meg147 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 10:14am
post #1 of 3

Something I've learned here is that some people refridgerate their cakes, whereas others absolutely do not! Some freeze - what are the pros & cons of it?

Once my cake is baked I keep it wrapped in plastic wrap until I've frosted it and then I return to the fridge in stages until I've completely finished decorating it. On delivering it, I've only ever received great feedback on taste & decor etc (granted, I haven't made that many). As I read more on this forum, I'd just like to be sure I'm doing nothing wrong? TIA

2 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:00pm
post #2 of 3

I say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". If things are going well...taste wise...looks wise, then you don't need to refrigerate. Some do becase of the ingredients. They may be using things that NEED to be refrigerated. I rarely refrigerate my cakes. I think it's just personal preference, too.

Don't worry though, if everything is going fine, leave it alone icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Makeitmemorable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Makeitmemorable Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 3

Hi Meg 147,

I freeze my cakes only because 98% of them are carved cakes. To be able to successfully carve shape acurately I need to have them semi frozen. If I am covering normal shapes then I don't tend to bother, I don't normally refridgerate them either, just keep them in a cool place.

As Jen mentioned, it is up to you and also the contents of your cakes.

Best of luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%