Dollar Bills

Decorating By mom32008 Updated 20 Nov 2009 , 4:46am by candy96

mom32008 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 4:30am
post #1 of 14

Does anyone know how to make dollar bills, to go on top of a cake??? any help or suggestions welcome, and the sooner the better, this cake is for friday

13 replies
candy96 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 6:49am
post #2 of 14

wow, that will be interesting. If you have access to an edible icing printer service in your area that might work although there may be a copywright issue, you might try to get your wallmart to make you one from the bakery, and then roll out fondant to attach it to, otherwise if that is not an option, I would get myself a green colored edible food writer and trace it on a piece of rectangular fondant doing the best job I could to reproduce it. Or the least favorable would be laminate some play money and put on cake. I hope this help you good luck.! thumbs_up.gif

kakeladi Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 11:49am
post #3 of 14

If you're o.k. w/non-edible you can wrap a real one in plastic cling wrap.

cutthecake Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:21pm
post #4 of 14

FYI: I was told by a reliable source that, if you reproduce US currency with its serial number, it is considered counterfeiting! Now, I'm sure no one would turn you in for having edible icing/fondant money on a cake, but it's something else to be aware of with photocopies. Just cover up the serial number.

JenniferMI Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 14

I would use an EI as well.

Jen icon_smile.gif

kel58 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 1:54pm
post #6 of 14

After reading this fun fact yesterday in a magazine i would use an EI aswell. Studies show that 85% of Canadian money has traces of Cocaine on it. Whats worse, Knowing taht you are carring around an illegal substance or knowing that your $20 bill had been up someones nose? It said U.S. currancy hold similar percentages although Canada is worse. Just an interesting fact i thought i would share.

cutthecake Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:32pm
post #7 of 14

Is it time to really "launder" our money?

LaBellaFlor Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:43pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel58

After reading this fun fact yesterday in a magazine i would use an EI aswell. Studies show that 85% of Canadian money has traces of Cocaine on it. Whats worse, Knowing taht you are carring around an illegal substance or knowing that your $20 bill had been up someones nose? It said U.S. currancy hold similar percentages although Canada is worse. Just an interesting fact i thought i would share.

icon_surprised.gif Who would have thought!

kickasscakes Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:50pm
post #9 of 14

what about copying monopoly bills? They look pretty cool, and obviously not real.... No counterfeiting issue there.

mom32008 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 2:55pm
post #10 of 14

thanks for all the intresting info!!! lol I found a place in town that does EI so I'm going to pick them up today, hopefully they will work!!! I actually went to the bank in town and asked to take a picture of a $100.00 dollar bill and they had no problem with it, I was only aloud to use one side.
Wish me luck this will be the frist time useing EI's

Rosa2745 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:11pm
post #11 of 14

Cool! Post a pick of the cake when you've finished it. How much did they charge you for an edible image if I may ask.

leah_s Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:43pm
post #12 of 14

I needed $ to put on a poker themed cake. I laid bills on the scanner, sent the image to print over on the edible image printer and cut them out. DH passed by the cake sitting on the counter and asked "Why did you put real money on that cake? Isn't money pretty dirty?" icon_smile.gif

mom32008 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 7:40pm
post #13 of 14

I just picked up the EI's and they are so real looking!! can't wait to put them on the cake, I got 2 images 5x7 for only $10.00 I thought that was a really good deal.

candy96 Posted 20 Nov 2009 , 4:46am
post #14 of 14

That is a good price, cuz I paid 6.50 a couple weeks ago from our walmart, in KS. Glad you were able to do it. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif Sounds like a cool cake, will love to see the photo, post the name of it on the forum so we know where to find it. K

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%