My Dd's House Burned Down, With Her And Her Dh In In It,

Lounge By patticake1951 Updated 30 Nov 2009 , 5:05pm by sadsmile

patticake1951 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:23am
post #1 of 37

My dd's house caught on fire thursday morning, and her and her dh were sleeping, They were in the process of moving to another house and didn't have any electricty on and just came home and went to bed about 4 hrs before it started. We still don't know exactly how it started, but the fire dept had set a house on fire across the street from them the day before. I am thinking that a stray spark blew over there and set it.
They were lifeflighted to Vanderbilt hospital with severe 3rd degree burns, she has 47 different 3rd degree burns and and hes some 2nd degree ones on his face and left ear. He had more smoke inhalation thean burns and they kept him for 3 days. but sent her home the first day. They said that there were more germs in the hospital and more chance of getting an infection than out of it. She is staying with me and he is staying with his mom. It has been a crazy week. I sure don't won't to ever have to go through that again. Her burns are on her arms,back,legs, stomach, and hips. I have to help her change her bandages twice a day. She is my oldest dd and she also likes to decorate cakes., She helped me with my haunted castle cake I have in my photos. I have been teaching her how to do the mmf, and she loves it. She lost all of her decorating tools.

If you could keep her in your thoughts and prayers it would be greatly appreciated.

36 replies
FullMoonRanch Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:28am
post #2 of 37

How awful! I'm so sorry. Your dd, her dh, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Texas_Rose Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:32am
post #3 of 37

That's horrible. I'm so glad to hear they both made it...it sounds like they're going to be okay eventually, right? I'm glad they didn't have kids trapped in the fire either. I will be praying for them and for you and the other mom too.

ladyellam Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:34am
post #4 of 37

I hope they recover soon. Thank God they are alive. I will put all of you in my prayers.

Kathy

patticake1951 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:39am
post #5 of 37

Thanks they are doing well. I have her here with me and their 2 boys were at their other gramma's. We just have to be careful of her getting an infection.

mkolmar Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 2:56am
post #6 of 37

I'll have you all in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad they are alive.

-K8memphis Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:05am
post #7 of 37

Omg what a horror and horrible thing. Definitely praying for y'all.

my_4_dumplins Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:33am
post #8 of 37

sending up prayers for your dd and your whole family!

indydebi Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:43am
post #9 of 37

I am so sorry to hear this! My parents had 2 house fires by the time I was 14 (neither was their fault) and we were very lucky that no one was injured either time. Please keep up posted!

Mensch Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 4:50am
post #10 of 37

I am so sorry. I wish them a speedy recovery.

A good reminder for everyone to purchase smoke detectors for their homes, and if they already have, to check the batteries.

patticake1951 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:00am
post #11 of 37

thanks everyone. I know it is awful. One thing he did wrong was go in and try to put it out with a bucket of water and it blew the steam back into his face. The ceiling tiles were those white drop ceiling tiles and they were melting into her skin. She had it all in her =hair and they had to cut it out of her hair.They had a fire extinguisher, but their teen sons played with it and wasted it. Never let your kids get close to anything that is needed for an emergency.

tatorchip Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:14am
post #12 of 37

so sorry, ya'll are in my prayers

LaBellaFlor Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:39am
post #13 of 37

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

Ruth0209 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:57am
post #14 of 37

I'm so sorry. I hope they're both on the road to recovery very soon!

three_sets_of_twins Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 10:45am
post #15 of 37

that is horrible. I am so sorry they had to go through that. I cant even imagine what I would do in their situation. My prayers and thoughts are with them and you.

grandmom Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 11:21am
post #16 of 37

So sorry that you and your family are going through such a horrible time. Do keep us posted, please.

mim1106 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 12:24pm
post #17 of 37

How awful! We'll be praying for their healing and for your strength here in GA.

Loucinda Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:29pm
post #18 of 37

I am so sorry your family has such a tragedy - I will keep you all in my prayers.

Jannie92869 Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 1:37pm
post #19 of 37

I am praying for a speedy recovery for both of them. I am praying that your family ties will be strengthened during this time. The prayers of the rigteous availeth much.

God Bless

kakeladi Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 3:09pm
post #20 of 37

May God heal her burns quickly without any further pain or suffering!
Our loving Father sometimes will allow us to suffer a little while so that we can comfort others in their suffering.

FloraFlora Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:03pm
post #21 of 37

I wish both of them a speedy recovery!
Be strong!

G_Cakes Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 5:07pm
post #22 of 37

Thank goodness they both made it out alive.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and may they both have a speedy recovery.

Please keep us updated on how they are doing and God Bless

KKC Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:15pm
post #23 of 37

My goodness. My heart goes out to your daughter & husband! Will definately keep them in my prayers!

sadsmile Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:21pm
post #24 of 37

OOHhhh My! I am So glad they got out! Burns are the worst. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping for a super speedy recovery for them both.

jammjenks Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:40pm
post #25 of 37

Oh my gosh. I had to read the subject line twice because I just HOPED I read it wrong. We all know how the tiniest of burns hurts so much. Can't imagine the pain your DD and her DH are going through. We'll certainly pray for a speedy and infection-free recovery for them both.

DianeLM Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 8:52pm
post #26 of 37

I am so sorry to hear of this misfortune. Thank goodness everyone escaped with their life. Wishing you much strength in the coming months.

When dd starts feeling like decorating again, let us know. I've got plenty of extra stuff I'd be happy to send her.

kjt Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 9:02pm
post #27 of 37

Sending prayers and wishes for a full and speedy recovery for both of them. Sending strength and patience to you...my heart goes out to your family.

Deb_ Posted 18 Nov 2009 , 10:12pm
post #28 of 37

OMG, thank goodness they got out of the house. I am so very very sorry and I pray that their injuries heal quickly.

Keeping you all in my prayers!

Take care!

patticake1951 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:41am
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

I am so sorry to hear of this misfortune. Thank goodness everyone escaped with their life. Wishing you much strength in the coming months.

When dd starts feeling like decorating again, let us know. I've got plenty of extra stuff I'd be happy to send her.

Oh that is so sweet of you. She would love it. Someone gave her a box of tips, couplers and a few disposable bags yesterday. I just gave her a carrier and fondant tools a few months ago and they were in the kitchen. her right hand is burned pretty bad. so it will probably be a little while before she can get back to it. She also likes to draw and paint. My other dd is friends with sevral people in Nashville and the Nancy and Sluggo creator, Guy Gilchrist, gave her some paints and canvas and a table with a light box. We made the haunted castle in my photos for a Halloween party that he was at and he wanted us to make a Christmas cake for another charity he is doing tonight for the Boys town benefit.But it didn't happen, I haven't had time to mess with it. She is feeling a little better today. Staying home and resting for awhile.
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

sportsmom005 Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 3:07am
post #30 of 37

When I first read the title of this post, I immediately thought the worst. I'm so glad to hear that your daughter and her husband are alive. My prayers are with you and them.

God Bless!
Chrisy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%